ian millward

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
dallas

ian millward

Post by dallas »

ian millward was described as a "foul mouthed arrogant intimidating sexist liar" by the st helens board in an article in todays daily mail
DaveO

Re: ian millward

Post by DaveO »

dallas posted:
ian millward was described as a "foul mouthed arrogant intimidating sexist liar" by the st helens board in an article in todays daily mail
If that is a true and accurate quote from the Saints board then they are no better than him IMO.

Thet are engaging in an unedifying pulic slanging match.

Except so far if you notice it has only been the Saints board slinging the mud.

Apart from Millwards solicitor stating what he was being charged with (before he was sacked) I have not seen any negative comments about Saints or the Saints board from Millward.

McManus and Co are starting to look bitter and twisted rather then people who should be in charge of a SL club.

That said I am starting to get bored with it. It has been a nice distration from our own problems of late but I am much more interested how Wigan do v Wire than I am with Saints public fall-out with Millward.

I just hope it affects Saints on the pitch as well as off it! :lol:

Dave
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

In the link that someone put up though DaveO, he says that the reason this affair is public in the first place is because of Millward and the lies he has publicly stated against the board both this time and in the past.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrsLam posted:
In the link that someone put up though DaveO, he says that the reason this affair is public in the first place is because of Millward and the lies he has publicly stated against the board both this time and in the past.
Reading the rlfans board I thought the reason it went public was because Millward would not accept being booted out with a pay-off.

If you read some of the posts on there the Saints fans reckon he was offered a way out that would not have involved the suspension and disciplinary hearing but just a deal to go quietly. He refused and so Saints launched the formal procedings.

The reason they wanted himout was a complete fall out with the cheif exec, McQuire.

However, be that as it may why did the Saints board feel the need to come out with a 1200 word three page document that goes way beyond the three reasons he was sacked for?

I also don't underdstand why McManus continues to add fuel to the fire by making further negative comments about Millward such as he wasn't that good a coach anyway and the one that started this thread.

The only accusation if lieing I can see is that about the trouble with the 4th official in one of the three original charges but if you are beinf specific he lied to the RFL not Saints (!) AND why that warrants coming out with all the stuff they have I don't really know.

I am not defending Millward but think the Saints board which is really just McManus as he owns 64% of the club has lost the plot as well.

They make Maurice seem the model of professionalism.

Dave
NTA1

Post by NTA1 »

I want Millward to come to Wigan and Betts drop down to No. 2 or a similar role that D. Powell at Leeds does. Maybe after a few years, Betts can take back over once he has learned the true art of coaching. It would be great to get one over the Saints and the fans over there would be pig sick!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D