Ben Harris for Bradford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
buddyboy

Ben Harris for Bradford

Post by buddyboy »

:sly:

This is the type of player Maurice should be looking for.....

21 years of age.
Played over 40 first grade matches in the toughest league of all.
If he makes it will be the backbone of the Bradford team for many years.

This has to make more sense than some near or over 30, even if hes good (ie Lam) at best you get 2 or 3 years from him.

Wake up Maurice the players are out there.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Ben Harris for Bradford

Post by jinkin jimmy »

buddyboy posted:
:sly:

This is the type of player Maurice should be looking for.....

21 years of age.
Played over 40 first grade matches in the toughest league of all.
If he makes it will be the backbone of the Bradford team for many years.

This has to make more sense than some near or over 30, even if hes good (ie Lam) at best you get 2 or 3 years from him.

Wake up Maurice the players are out there.
Agreed but don't blame ML, it's his 6 agents down under who are not performing :wink:
mrs_carney

Re: Ben Harris for Bradfor...

Post by mrs_carney »

How do they continually bring in new players and have so many players under their salary cap, if they are under the salary cap the players must be on absolute peanuts, which for some reason i dont believe!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
heydude

Post by heydude »

said this on another topic bradford are raving about this ben harris but i read on a aussie website that bulldogs are struggling with salary cap with injuries http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,86 ... 14,00.html
so why have the bulldogs released harris if he is supposed to be that good he should be covering willie tonga who is out for eight weeks or actually playing first team so finding this signing a bit confusing on how good this signing is.
:conf:
don't eat yellow snow
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I also read that when researching him HeyDude, but I was on the message board of their fans and they are all saying what a loss, wasted talent. He's won nothing yet but they say he could have done so much better than what he has, he just didnt try enough :S
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

MrsLam posted:
I also read that when researching him HeyDude, but I was on the message board of their fans and they are all saying what a loss, wasted talent. He's won nothing yet but they say he could have done so much better than what he has, he just didnt try enough :S
If he's played 40 games (1st grade) in a couple of seasons there must be something about the guy.

There does seem to be some disenchanted young players in the NRL. Gasnier (he got sorted), Lyon (proving to be a top signing at Saints) and now this guy (yet to prove his worth) but potentially sounds good. With games under his belt and the right side of 30!

Pity all these have slipped through Mo's network of agents that he has working round the clock.
Mo sounds more preposterous by the minute. :exc:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'd rather see us looking at Kiwi internationals. The top Aussies aren't going to lose their chances for test places, and we've usually done very well with our NZ signings, particularly if we can get them long-term.

Jason Cayless is off contract this year, I believe.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

Doveoverdave posted:
MrsLam posted:
If he's played 40 games (1st grade) in a couple of seasons there must be something about the guy.

There does seem to be some disenchanted young players in the NRL. Gasnier (he got sorted), Lyon (proving to be a top signing at Saints) and now this guy (yet to prove his worth) but potentially sounds good. With games under his belt and the right side of 30!

Pity all these have slipped through Mo's network of agents that he has working round the clock.
Mo sounds more preposterous by the minute. :exc:
:(
Could Doris be telling Porky's, IMO he's merely buying time, while someone else is buying the club! If DW really is selling up, i don't think there will be any more movement in the transfer market (apart from loans) until after the sale !

Hope we can do something on Sunday, to help along the sale, if we get stuffed (as I predict we will) who will want to shell out his hard earned, for a bunch of Dummies !!!!

:angry: :angry:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:(
Hope we can do something on Sunday, to help along the sale, if we get stuffed (as I predict we will) who will want to shell out his hard earned, for a bunch of Dummies !!!!

:angry: :angry:
Make up your mind mate, when the rumour of a sale surfaced you were saying how awful it was and that we'll be homeless, now you see the benefits of the sale?

I reckon the best thing we can do is shell out a few bob setting up a counselling service in Australia for disenchanted RL players. Part of their rehab' can be a trip to England! It beats Maurices charitable approach to pension funds.