Nillings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Nillings

Post by Kittwazzer »

Catalan NIL
Hull KR. NIL
Castleford Nil

Have we ever nilled 3 teams in a regular season before?
And what price Shaun Wane going for glory and immortality with a fourth.
And fifth?
cow yeds

Re: Nillings

Post by cow yeds »

I'm certain we had four or five nils a couple of years ago
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

are we not playing Waneball now?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

medlocke wrote:are we not playing Waneball now?
All seems to have gone quiet on that front. Although we were told that Waneball can win against certain teams. How that squares against being thrashed by a team you subsequently NIL is perhaps more of a mystery!
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

John Monie brought in a bonus system which paid a fixed amount when the opposition were held to ten points or less and top bonus when a team were nilled. Maybe S.W. has brought this system back in. He earned enough from it back in the eighties.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Only listened to the match yesterday, but it sounded like our goal-line defence was superb. It's one of the areas Wigan has excelled at and it must really demoralise the opposition who know they not only have to get into the right field position - they then have to break through the wall that is the Wigan defence.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Much less predictable attack now from earlier in season.
Using dummy runners instead of just shift it out wide with one out passing.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Much less predictable attack now from earlier in season.
Using dummy runners instead of just shift it out wide with one out passing.
The players have finally got Waneball.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

from being at the match last night VS Castleford, they were very unlucky to not get on the board. they outplayed us in the first half but a combination of amazing defence and then when that failed Cas messing up on our line twice
caused the Nill,

i think the main difference is this week and last week we played a full 80 minutes and game management was amazing. smith seem to really be stepping up to the plate on that front.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
curryman

Post by curryman »

I thought Luke Gale had an excellent game for Cas, he's a really clever half back.

The weather made the ball like a bar of soap, but despite that, it was a good tough game of rugby between two well matched sides.

We did well to nil them. Some of our tacking is awesome to behold, there has been a massive leap forward in our form all round since the Saints game. Its hard to believe that Wigan are the same team that were badly thrashed in Castleford a couple of months ago.

Smith was superb for us last night, the kick for Burgess' try was sublime. Bateman is consistently immense. All in all we're heading in the right direction, it all seems to be clicking into place. Happy days.

The only down side for me was all the mentions of the 1965 Cup Final. I went to that game and now, apparently, that means I am vintage :(