Carney watching Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NTA1

Carney watching Saints

Post by NTA1 »

In todays Mirror, it reports that Brian Carney sat and watched a Saints training session that caused one of the rows with Millward. Why?
mrs_carney

Re: Carney watching Saints

Post by mrs_carney »

he was doing a feature for super league tv or sky tv, something like that
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mrs_carney posted:
he was doing a feature for super league tv or sky tv, something like that
Sounds like another high-quality newspaper coming out with a non-story because they've got nothing to fill their pages with. Those who quote "facts" from newspapers maybe need to remember that they often reinterpret things just to create some kind of reaction or controversy.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

The Mirror quoted this as one of the reasons for dismissing Millward, they reported this after Saints had released the reason as being abusive to a young player who since withdrew from the Saints books.

I've seen this story about Carney reported in a few places though, rumours flying around on here too. Might be some truth in it, some say he was working for SKY (not sure what doing though?), other reports say he was meeting Long cos they're mates. Who knows.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
The Mirror quoted this as one of the reasons for dismissing Millward, they reported this after Saints had released the reason as being abusive to a young player who since withdrew from the Saints books.

I've seen this story about Carney reported in a few places though, rumours flying around on here too. Might be some truth in it, some say he was working for SKY (not sure what doing though?), other reports say he was meeting Long cos they're mates. Who knows.
Carney going to meet Long so they can be filmed talking for Sky TV? It's hardly like that soccer story with the Arsenal player allegedly have an illegal meeting with the Chelski manager to discuss a transfer...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Long has no mates anyway !! lol
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

x Wigan Warrior x posted:
Long has no mates anyway !! lol
x

Yes he does.

William Hill
Done Bookmakers
Stanley Racing
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Don't forget Ladbrokes.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

The Super League matches on sky are sponsored Stan James - coincidence? I think not!

Anybody know if Long backed Millward to be sacked and if so what odds he got?

:lol:

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Matthew posted:
The Super League matches on sky are sponsored Stan James - coincidence? I think not!

Anybody know if Long backed Millward to be sacked and if so what odds he got?

:lol:
No but Gleeson put a £10 on him being the Warrington coach before next season though.