Best play of the season so far!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Best play of the season so far!

Post by cpwigan »

Kicking from a scrum in our own 20; WIn WIn even if you do not score but with Budgie there you are more likely to than not.
No straw damn us

Re: Best play of the season so far!

Post by No straw damn us »

The move was actually called by Ryan Hampshire at the previous scrum. He went to speak to Matty Smith and pointed downfield. I presume the kick was for him rather than Burgess, but either would have scored depending on the direction of the kick/bounce. It's great to have so much pace available.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

What happened to the Williams/Burgess kick/score in the wet conditions?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I was listening to Wish FM on the App and I told everyone in the pub what Smith had done as there was obviously something coming off. We all 'lived' that try alongside Joe and Bilko. Couldn't wait to see it on Wigan TV!
TV Warrior

Post by TV Warrior »

Just saw the try on YouTube and it was very clever. How wet was it? Burgess seemed to slide in from quite a distance out albeot with a little help from some Cas players.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Burgess knew what to do by the way he collected the ball and positioned his body in the wet conditions and slid along the pitch.

Many others would have hacked the ball forward or just dived on it.

A old head on young shoulders has Joe when it comes to scoring tries and possibly a reason why a Aussie club signed him.