Manfredi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Manfredi

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Cracking try playing on one leg. He was lucky to avoid a serious injury last night, I think he will now miss a few weeks which gives Charnley an opportunity
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Re: Manfredi

Post by cpwigan »

I just hope he is kept as a right winger rather than shunted to the left when Budgie leaves as he is a far better right than left winger.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Defo cp.that right footed step would be missed on the left wing
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

The lad has talent he seems to get better each game for my money.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Given a choice Manfredi before Charnley, could be next international winger.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wow how quickly people forget how good Charnley actually is.....

But on Manfredi. Hes playing amazingly well i actually prefer him to budgie. Budgie has moments of pure brilliance but i always worry that hes going to make a error. Manfredi however seems Solid hes a amazing finisher and makes very few errors with ball in hand. I wasnt sold on him at first but hes definitely gettimg better each week.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Caboosegg wrote:Wow how quickly people forget how good Charnley actually is.....

But on Manfredi. Hes playing amazingly well i actually prefer him to budgie. Budgie has moments of pure brilliance but i always worry that hes going to make a error. Manfredi however seems Solid hes a amazing finisher and makes very few errors with ball in hand. I wasnt sold on him at first but hes definitely gettimg better each week.
I don't think for one moment that people forget how good Josh Charnley is.People also have good memories in that Josh was found wanting in defence on more than one occasion and that Dom seems more assured.Please tell what you mean by errors in Budgies game.Some of the passes that he was expected to take earlier in the season where near on impossible to take beacause the passes where left a lot to be desired.Yes he did make a couple of errors on Friday.But how many line defences did he make.Most people would love to see Josh playing week in and week out but on the current form of Dom and Budgie he is being sidelined.His day will come soon.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Not all of the passes to Budgie were bad early season Kooch, some of the errors made were down to himself, and possibly Budgie feeling the pressure of making the decision to go to Sydney and knowing how us fans may feel about that.
He has now got back on top of his game and is looking really sharp for me.
Irrespective of us having Dom and Josh, I think that Budgie will be a massive miss next season based on his current form.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am of an ilk that Josh could easily be a centre but Gelling has put a spanner in the works with some outstanding efforts. Nevertheless there are rumours that Gels will return to the NRL.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Budgie will be a huge loss. There simply is no substitute for his pace.