whelan.... selling warriors all that bad??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lockers15

whelan.... selling warriors all that bad??

Post by Lockers15 »

I think that Dave Whelan selling us will give warriors back what they had before he bought them...SUCCESS!!
weve only ever won 2 or 3 titles while he has owned us. We want our glory days back
but looking at the chance our youngsters are having like hansen, beswick and colbon
the glory days are jst at the next stop
!!!!IN 2 YEARS WIGAN WILL BE THE NEW LEEDS!!!!
!OUR YOUNGSTERS WINNING THE SUPERLEAGUE! :D
jinkin jimmy

Re: whelan.... selling warrior...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Lockers15 posted:
I think that Dave Whelan selling us will give warriors back what they had before he bought them...SUCCESS!!
weve only ever won 2 or 3 titles while he has owned us. We want our glory days back
but looking at the chance our youngsters are having like hansen, beswick and colbon
A perfect example of why Care in the Community doesn't work :wink:
Doveoverdave

Re: whelan.... selling war...

Post by Doveoverdave »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Lockers15 posted:
A perfect example of why Care in the Community doesn't work :wink:
Remember Alan Hansen's quote on MOTD some years ago,"You'll never win anything with kids!"

This is probaly true in the world of RL.
Power, Pace and Panache! Now that's what I call a back three.

These are qualities that are found in only the most exceptional youngsters.
Browm, Beswick and Colburn look far from exceptional to me.

Our youngster to win SL. Seemed to have heard that for the last 3 years.

Dawber

Re: whelan.... selling warrior...

Post by Dawber »

I think what lockers15 is saying is in a couple of years our youngsters will be a little more wiser and therefore stick with the younsters, for god's sake stop moanining about other peoples posts,
you can't tell me that in 2 years time sean and gareth won't be any better than they are now these two lads are bound for stardom they will shine in the wigan squad, so yes our youngsters ( now ) will do it for wigan in a couple of years time, just have faith with them
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

One thing I've noticed about kids...they get older! Agreed, they're probably being brought in a year or two too soon, but that's been forced on us by all our injuries.
If Hock, O'Loughlin, Tickle, Carney, Orr, Faz and Rads had been fit, none of them would be in the 17.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

GeoffN posted:
One thing I've noticed about kids...they get older! Agreed, they're probably being brought in a year or two too soon, but that's been forced on us by all our injuries.
If Hock, O'Loughlin, Tickle, Carney, Orr, Faz and Rads had been fit, none of them would be in the 17.
:angry:

And putting them in so early (out of necessity) will probably have ruined their confidence, they should be introduced slowly into a settled team. Now once the inured are fit they will be tossed aside like a Saints manager !!!

Whelan selling is IMO a double edge sword, his heart is in Wigan (as in town), however, with the Latics in the Prem probably best if we get a true rugby man.

But the transition could be very painful, a new owner will probably bring in a new coach (thank god !), new backroom staff, new players (thank god !), a possible move of ground to god knows where ?

The futures bright, the futures ????????????????

:angry: :angry: :angry:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Dawber posted:
I think what lockers15 is saying is in a couple of years our youngsters will be a little more wiser and therefore stick with the younsters, for god's sake stop moanining about other peoples posts,
you can't tell me that in 2 years time sean and gareth won't be any better than they are now these two lads are bound for stardom they will shine in the wigan squad, so yes our youngsters ( now ) will do it for wigan in a couple of years time, just have faith with them
I wasn't moaning , I was replying to comments made that I don't agree with, like I am here with yours.

Lockers is a GB international so we can discount him from the "youngsters" list. Hock also is in his third season of contention within the senior squad.

Indeed these two seem to have a splendid future within the game. My only concern for them both is the seriousness of their injuries and hope that they return to supreme fitness and confidence, particulerly in Hock's case as these sort of things appear to be following the young man's early career.

Amongst the others Hansen, seems to be the pick of the bunch for me with Brown as the biggest disappointment, as we were promised great things from him. The rest look a little short of the mark.

I hope I'm wrong and your confidence is justified, but I wouldn't wager the future of the club solely on our youth development. A mixture of this youth, star signings and shrewd investment in the player market is needed at Wigan.

Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

GeoffN posted:
Agree with all the above Geoff.

My problem is that Hock, Rads, Carney and Faz ( when at the club last 2 or 3 years) all appear to be injury prone. So getting all of these within one team for any sustained period is nigh on impossible.

The situation should have been addressed some time ago. Posted before that we have become reactive where once we were very much proactive in all aspects of the club.

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
And putting them in so early (out of necessity) will probably have ruined their confidence, they should be introduced slowly into a settled team. Now once the inured are fit they will be tossed aside like a Saints manager !!!
Where do you think we can magic up this settled team into which we can introduce the kids slowly? Like it or not, we've not had such a team, it doesn't exist, so we've had to bring in the kids prematurely. Based on the small squad we started the season with it was inevitable they would get game time this season, and then losing 2 of the initial squad straight away (Davico, Farrell) plus 2 more for the season has forced the club to play these people more than anyone would have wanted.
Whelan selling is IMO a double edge sword, his heart is in Wigan (as in town), however, with the Latics in the Prem probably best if we get a true rugby man.

But the transition could be very painful, a new owner will probably bring in a new coach (thank god !), new backroom staff, new players (thank god !), a possible move of ground to god knows where ?
Finally, something a little bit not-totally-negative. "The transition COULD be very painful". True, but it also may not. There's still no evidence to justify changing grounds, and you've been after new players, coaches, backroom staff for weeks and weeks so why are you worrying?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

we_need_a_coach posted:
GeoffN posted:
:angry:

The futures bright, the futures ????????????????

:angry: :angry: :angry:
A new name?