Millward Bookies Favourite for Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Millward Bookies Favourite for Warriors

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:) Just been on Wish, Millward linked with Ozz, Sale, but is favourite to take over at Wigan, in a 'Harry RenKnapp style vendetta appointment'.

I told you so !!!!!

Watch this space !!!!!!

IMO the best thing that could happen to us !!!!

:) :) :) :)
Fraggle

Re: Millward Bookies Favourite...

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:) Just been on Wish, Millward linked with Ozz, Sale, but is favourite to take over at Wigan, in a 'Harry RenKnapp style vendetta appointment'.

I told you so !!!!!

Watch this space !!!!!!

IMO the best thing that could happen to us !!!!

:) :) :) :)
Believe it or not, the bookies don't always get it right. I won a few quid last Friday by taking them on the winning margin at 18-1 when they were expecting Wigan to win by 26-30. Don't we need to get rid of our current coach before we appoint a new one - it's St Helens who are the team without a coach at the moment, not us!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
silver surfer

Re: Millward Bookies Favou...

Post by silver surfer »

Just a thought. If Ian Millward does come to Wigan what happens to Mike Gregory, I was under the impression that he was still under contract as our head coach and Betts was assistant coach so how can we hire Milly without sacking Mike? Or am I missing something here? :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

silver surfer posted:
Just a thought. If Ian Millward does come to Wigan what happens to Mike Gregory, I was under the impression that he was still under contract as our head coach and Betts was assistant coach so how can we hire Milly without sacking Mike? Or am I missing something here? :conf:
That's my understanding as well, but many people (journalists, bookies, some fans) tend to ignore any complications or other facts if they get in the way of headline grabbing and making sensationalist remarks. Lots of the criticisms and easy-fixes seem to ignore the fact that things are never black-and-white (such as Whelan sells Wigan therefore we will have to leave JJB - why?), but such things sell newspapers and generate short-lived news stories so they're ideal for the media to spout.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
pandasdad

Post by pandasdad »

Come on Silver Surfer, you'll only confuse many of our frequent posters if you insist on talking about facts!

Please make sure that future posts contain doom, gloom, innuendo, speculation and rumour. Otherwise this message board could become a white elephant! :D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

They could just call him football manager or something until the Gregory situtaion is sorted out. It shouldn't be too hard.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Incidentally - if Moaning Milly's the bookies favourite to be our next coach, does anyone know which club Long and Gleeson have bet on for him to go to next? :lol:

[hr]
king carney

Post by king carney »

ive heard that IF he did come to wigan he would come as director of rugby, looking after all the rugby :wink:
oxon warrior

Post by oxon warrior »

If he did come to JJB would it be worth risking upseting a large section of the crowd. Good record that he had a the other lot but it wasnt as if he took over a struggling team
[/list]
steve

Post by steve »

he did alright at leigh. They are hardly world beaters