Millward Bookies Favourite for Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
skorpion

Re: Millward Bookies Favou...

Post by skorpion »

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no non :( :( :( :( :angry:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Having heard Millward and now listening to this clown from Saints I'd have him at Wigan with Denis as his assistant
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Why what's been said?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Millward put his version of events and - if true - I believe he has been pretty poorly treated. In fact, there must be an ulterior motive for his dismissal.

Eamon McManus then came on and IMO made a berk of himself, even saying he hoped he could have a pint with Millward when he had become head coach elsewhere!!

Not only have I changed my mind re Millward, if McManus is typical of the calibre of club chiefs out there ML can stay as well!!
mario

Post by mario »

DaveO posted:
GeoffN posted:
oxon warrior posted:
I dont dispute that. Any other coach with the same record would surely be welcomed by everybody. However what could he do to improve the current team. If he came and success wasnt immediate there would be even more moaning about the coach that there is now!
I've been making exactly that point for ages...all the coaches we've had over the past 10 years or so came with high hopes, and in many cases with good previous records (Monie, Raper, Endicott...) but none succeded. A coach can only work with the players he has available, and Denis simply has not had enough of his first team squad available.
That may be so but the point I have been making for ages is that Betts isn't getting the best out what he HAS got available.

Could Millward do better? He did OK at Leigh but Mario seems to think not. I don't know one way or the other but if things continue as they are then I think we will have a new coach in the not too distant future be it Millward or someone else.

Dave
Millward would'nt do any better than Betts with the squad we have available at present. He proved that last year when he had only 2 players taken out of his squad and could'nt get Saints to perform.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

See DaveO, told you
:eusa17:
mario

Post by mario »

Keep banging! it might help you see sense.
heydude

Post by heydude »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Millward put his version of events and - if true - I believe he has been pretty poorly treated. In fact, there must be an ulterior motive for his dismissal.

Eamon McManus then came on and IMO made a berk of himself, even saying he hoped he could have a pint with Millward when he had become head coach elsewhere!!

Not only have I changed my mind re Millward, if McManus is typical of the calibre of club chiefs out there ML can stay as well!!
shock horror jimmy are you feeling alright. :lol:
don't eat yellow snow
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Robjoenz, no it would not count if stains have to pay out his contract, first off is the fact that coached do not count as part of the salary cap and secondly Millward would no longer be an employee even if they have to pay him out, he would simply be an expense such as rates or electricity.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

jinkin jimmy posted:

I agree with you on the subject of Millward, bring him is asap, but you are going a little too far suggesting Doris should remain, but as they say 1 out of 2 ai'nt bad !!!!!

:wink: