Logan or Sam Powell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Logan or Sam Powell

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Waney is quoted in the MEN that SP is ahead of LT in the pecking order as he gives cover at 7. Now I thought that the team was picked on performances and given Logan's effort against Warrington I think he is being hard done by.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
x Wigan Warrior x

Re: Logan or Sam Powell

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

I agree, how does this sound to the rest of the squad !

Its ok lads, train hard and play well but that will not grantee a place in the squad. Being able to play a couple of positions will get you in, regardless of whether or not your good enough to play in them !!
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Sorry but I do not agree with Shaun I prefer Logan every time over Sam.I am always more confident whenever Logan is covering for Micky than when Sam is covering.But I'm not the coach.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ryan Hampshire can back up the halves anyway
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Powell not Wigan standard
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Logan currently!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Logan has improved immensely since his stint at Salford IMO & against Wire thought it was his best performance.

As much as I like Sam I don't think it's fair for Wane to treat Logan like this as he has played well enough to keep his spot!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Really needs to put gaffer tape over his trap!
He makes himself look so stupid as well as deflating players publicly.
Still, he's not going to change at his age!!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
sc74

Post by sc74 »

The Cannonball Kid!
At least it's not just JC that gets a hard time.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think both options for back up hooker have a lot to prove. Logan is not being treated fairly though at the moment he was doing more for me than Sam. His passing from dummy half is crisper and better than it was, he just needs to get his game sense re options better, which would come given the chance. The biggest difference though is his defence which is much more aggresive and tougher than in past seasons. Sam P is doing and has done little to convince me that he will be a first choice half especially when paired with Smith, it gives us very little pace and cutting edge in both half positions. As much that I would love him to be a good back up nine he's almost non existent from hooker apart from the stupid penalties. I hope I'm wrong but for me he's a way off being first team quality and of the two Logan would be picked from what I have seen this year.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!