SOS to Ellery!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

SOS to Ellery!

Post by cpwigan »

Never been a fan of mid season changes but if I was IL I would make one and get Ellery back as coach.
BriH

Re: SOS to Ellery!

Post by BriH »

Maybe a bit hasty but......I know where you are coming from.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:Never been a fan of mid season changes but if I was IL I would make one and get Ellery back as coach.
How relevant is Hanley now though? Why not get Ged Byrne (at least he can play a piano) or Martin Offiah
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

butt monkey wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Never been a fan of mid season changes but if I was IL I would make one and get Ellery back as coach.
How relevant is Hanley now though? Why not get Ged Byrne (at least he can play a piano) or Martin Offiah
I think Ellery may well be lacking in up to date refinements but he is an inspirational person who understands the vital fundamentals re how to win RL games. For me he is the best option in the short term. Remember this idiot we currently have was educated by the very best in Madge and is supposedly up to date. My arse I say!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

butt monkey wrote:
I'd tap up John Monie
robspark

Post by robspark »

medlocke wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
I'd tap up John Monie
Graham Lowe please.....
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

CPW. I'm always of the opinion if you are not actually going to improve matters with knee-jerk reactions then it is best to leave things until the right person becomes available

Not saying I am "happy" with what is going on, but it is patently obvious now (having seen these sort of efforts before) that something is not right behind the scenes now and cannot continue.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Tim Sheens or Edwards please!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

butt monkey wrote:CPW. I'm always of the opinion if you are not actually going to improve matters with knee-jerk reactions then it is best to leave things until the right person becomes available

Not saying I am "happy" with what is going on, but it is patently obvious now (having seen these sort of efforts before) that something is not right behind the scenes now and cannot continue.
I would ordinarily say so but I think we are heading for a Millward issue and even then Noble had a really positive short term impact. I do think someone like Ellery could rally the players and rebuild their confidence / spirit before more damage is done by Wane.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Could we not hold a seance to see if Jack Gibsons available :roll: