Root and branch

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Root and branch

Post by jobo »

I know SW is getting pilloried but should he be the main target of the fans ire?

The clubs strategy looks like it could very well be shot to pieces and maybe the people who thought this up are the ones who need the most scrutiny.

Suppose that now is the worst possible time to start panicking but the ones who should be in early on Monday are the directors.
adythewarrior

Re: Root and branch

Post by adythewarrior »

Sorry the coach picks the team not directors.It is he and the players the buck stops at.It is time to wake up and smell the coffee.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

I think wane is running things on a very tight budget lenaghan as a lot to answer for
superleague

Post by superleague »

stevo38 wrote:I think wane is running things on a very tight budget lenaghan as a lot to answer for
Yes IL is a tight arse, but a tight budget does not excuse a lack commitment and effort, or totally giving up and serving up that crap today, that is firmly down to the coach IMO
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

superleague wrote:
stevo38 wrote:I think wane is running things on a very tight budget lenaghan as a lot to answer for
Yes IL is a tight arse, but a tight budget does not excuse a lack commitment and effort, or totally giving up and serving up that crap today, that is firmly down to the coach IMO
So not the players and their own individual pride?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
superleague

Post by superleague »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:
Yes and no, if it was just one off yes. But with the same lack of everything above every away game and looking beat before a ball is kicked this is down to something not right behind the scenes and buck stops with coach in this case
walkdenwarrior

Post by walkdenwarrior »

Wane picks the side and this squad of his making isn't good enough.
Bowen-poor, Hampshire poor - how people can say Rocky this and rocky that after his recent poor performances is beyond me. Powell , Williams - not good enough, Tomkins not a centre, charley - poor spends too much time at Nandos and filming his dog. Lloyd my god what is he doing back in the side, o'loghlin finished when we done the double - thanks Sean but you're a liability.
Mossop average before he left cr4p in oz and even worse now. Burgess mind on what he's having for tea on the plane to oz and sargeson couldn't tackle a crossword - awful. Smith too inconsisant. Only ones as someone has said was mickey Mac and Bateman. Where wasFlower when he wa supposedly fit. Rested for next weeks top of the table clash which as it's not at DW we can pexpect a pounding.
The club site says Wigan humbled in France - more like humiliated
sc74

Post by sc74 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:
Come on TBW, I know you are a 'staunch' fan of the big man, but he is their leader. Check out his LinkedIn profile, he's practically a 'guru'.
He has to go, it's beyond ridiculous, and that's not just these occasional results, it's the whole package.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wane got what he wanted. He asked for youngsters and he got them. They are arguably the best youngsters in RL, oddly we have more and to a higher standard than when Wane was coach and arguably he held back the development of many to load his teams with some players with no long term future but at the time far better to provide him with ego massaging silly wins.

Wane inherited what should have been an halcyon era. He was given the keys to an elite coaching bible and he turned around and said he could do better whilst showing seeming an inability to learn and comprehend what he was offered on a daily basis.

Wane has the best backroom facilities / staff in RL

When a man is given everything on a plate and he screws it up theire is only one conluion; He is as thick as pig shit!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

sc74 wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote: Yes IL is a tight arse, but a tight budget does not excuse a lack commitment and effort, or totally giving up and serving up that crap today, that is firmly down to the coach IMO
Come on TBW, I know you are a 'staunch' fan of the big man, but he is their leader. Check out his LinkedIn profile, he's practically a 'guru'.
He has to go, it's beyond ridiculous, and that's not just these occasional results, it's the whole package.
I suggest you read my posts from day 1 regarding SW whether we win or lose and not just when we lose! I don't recall you being on here much when we won 7 from 8 but maybe I am wrong!! Guess I am as 'staunch' a SW fan as you are a 'staunch' SW hater!! I don't care about SW as a person, what he puts on Social Networking websites or what he says in the media, I care about results! I am not convinced at this moment in time that he is the man to get us results but I would still give him till the end of the season to prove us all wrong! Like I have said before if he doesn't produce then bye bye! As for him being completely to blame for all the individual performances from today it is just not correct as no coach ever is, however I agree he has a big say in it and ultimately he should lose his job if players aren't performing collectively, that is just how it works! But for what it's worth maybe SW was to blame for some or had a part to play in some of the awful performances today but without doubt a few if not all have to have a good long look at themselves and the first person they need to blame will be looking back at them in the mirror!! You cannot coach self pride!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett