To the Company Bible mob?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: To the Company Bible mob?

Post by ddtftf »

How about 98 barbel caught in 3 hrs from Nooky Hollow more in your line CP ?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Rather have 3 or 4 10lb Bass from Braystones
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Being a self confessed "Happy Clapper" or in this case a "Co. Bible" man I must say that the time is now upon us to evaluate the separation between our home wins and away losses.

The wins at home IMO have been superb. Full of effort, skill, pace, desire and the epitome of good coaching in getting the best out of the squad and weighing up the oppositions strengths and weakness in preparation for the game.

Our away losses are the exact opposite. Often a lack of effort though sometimes not, poor skills, outside pace wasted, a lack of desire and such obvious clueless coaching and lack of weighing up of the opposition, it is staggering the difference between home and away.

It does appear we have two squads and two groups of coaching staff. The home group know exactly what they are doing. The away team squad and coaching group totally bereft of ideas and utterly clueless. That's appearances.

I didn't go to Catalans and didn't see it live on TV but watched the recording last night(Sunday).
Who the hell sent the players out with those tactics? Throw the ball around in your own 30 mtrs area. Get the ball out wide even when their defence is already in your line. How many scores did they put against us after one of our own mistakes? Those tactics work at the DW, they are catastrophic away from home. I went to the away game at Bradford last year where we lost and when the away rot first started. That was July, we haven't won an away game since.

We played Catalans 5 weeks ago and they were useless. Didn't score and never looked like scoring. Last Saturday we made them look like World Beaters.

It is obvious now that we don't appear to have the where with all to win away from the DW. The tactics are wrong and the squad's confidence on gaining an away win is probably shot to bits.
The coaching staff need to change the tactics for away games. We have a plan A for the DW and it works superby. We now need a Plan B for away games as the current Plan is bringing nothing but losses.

From the tactics at Catalans and the previous 10 months it looks unlikely we'll win any of the next three away games.
If that does happen then IL has to look at his options. Start looking for a new coaching staff then and bring them in immediately, or, wait until we mathamatically can't make the top four before looking.

If we win the next three and are first or second in the league then IL will carry on. If we don't then he's to look at what he does if we can't win away from home and don't make the top two.

If we don't win either the LLS or GF or both then IL will start looking. There's no way he will risk going into a third season without a trophy with the talent we have at the club.

The home form is brilliant, away form an utter disgrace.
The coaching staff have to get it sorted or it will be sorted out for them.

slimshady

Post by slimshady »

cpwigan wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:I'll take the bait, cp: I back Wane 100%.Why? Because I believe the club's policy is to bring young players through - e.g. George Williams when lots of fans said sign an Aussie stand off. Whenever you do this, expect results to be up and down as the young lads learn on the job.

Madge was a great coach, but had Finch, Hoff, Lima, Richards, Carmont "et al" (as you like to say). Wane has the "toughness" to go with what he believes in, knowing that his job, his reputation and his future depend on it.

Playing Lockers when he's clearly unfit has contributed to 2 poor performances. But how do we get him match fit? Do you think the decision to play him was taken without Lockers having a say? Maybe it was too soon, maybe we've seen the last of SOL, but if he gets back to 80% of his best and wins the GF for us, it will have been worth the humiliation in France.

The fundamental thing about me is that I don't sit at home imagining/wishing I was Wigan's coach or thinking I know better. I know our form all season has been patchy and I had to endure 2 hours of barracking by Leeds fans in my local on Saturday.

In your view I may be a Happy Clapper or Company Bible man as well as not knowing how to debate on this forum. So be it - I'll carry on supporting my team through thick & thin amongst the Yorkshire heathen, and no doubt you'll do the same in your own way in your neck of the woods. Enjoy!
No bait here MPE. Pretty good at match coarse fishing but it suits my analytical mind. To be honest you leave a lot to be desired from what I expected from your son.

Nothing wrong with having a youth policy I endorse it albeit we seem to have become terribly confused recently. George Williams is a genuine talent, I watched him as a young teenager throwing back of the hand passes and it was obvious even then. If we are championing youth please explain why he was dropped v Cats. Equally, please explain why the other most gifted young half back in Britain cannot even get a start in his position even to the point an already injured halfback was preferred v Catalans? Do tell Einstein!

I find it hard to take you serious when you are so factually incorrect it beggars belief. Your not a stupid man but you give a good impression of one. Madge took a failing team and added one player a washed up half back nobody wanted; Deacon. The others you mention came later. If you are going to debate then prepare or prepare to fail.

We have been waiting nearly two seasons for promises, they have been empty. You will even get clueless fans like Slim sating ah but a good game under Wane is far better than under Madge. No shit Sherlock and Holmes! Guess what a good game by Widnes, by Saints in between the incredible lows was far better than Lowe and Monie.

I said a week or two ago when gobshites were saying ah see CPW and co are full of shit look at beating Hull KR by 60 what does know. He's probably just a fat bat steward like Meds. I think you were one of those clamouring and at the time I went on record as saying! Waneball like Widnes under Laughton, like Saints under Murphy produces incredible high but when it matters it breaks down. Has it broken down when it matters? On Cas CC 2014, Hull KR 2015??

What does it matter, what did MEPs son know, MEP knows better. It must be CPW being a fat bar steward and having a personal hatred / issue for a man he has never spoken to. Must have been the same with Noble too! Why did he never criticise Madge, Monie or Lowe????

Are fans now allowed to think, try to understand what they are watching. I am analytical, I was a far better captain at sport than an individual player. I analyse at work, I analyse every past time. Pardon me for enjoying thinking. Sitting in a pub downing pints to piss against the wall is not me. I sit and watch matches rather than drink cats urine from plastic pots and spend half the game pissing it away in the toilets. If you want to be a piss head, great but if I want to think about politics, about sport, about life then screw you chief!I have said it before, your son is ten times the man you are!
Blah Blah Blah CP when have I ever said anything with regards to Madge v Wane. Just because I dont agree with your bullshit theories about waneball I'm clueless. You havent got a clue with regards to my experience of RL.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

ddtftf wrote:How about 98 barbel caught in 3 hrs from Nooky Hollow more in your line CP ?
Sounds far more like it. Few years since I fished your place before all the changes. To show you how long IIRC it was about the last year you had Xmas trees.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Slim why is it bullshit? Ted is a really positive fan and even he was scratching his head at the obsession with flinging the ball crazily wide in our own half.

The nuances may change but the basics of RL still hold true as they wee 10,20,30, 60, 60 etc years ago. Madge followed those principles and had games wrapped up and to bed by the end of the first half, players got injured far less too.

Waneball is high risk, TOO high risk. It defies logic in any sport to be honest. Boring Chelsea, boring Madge. Clinical professionalism always wins over utopian romantic ideology. I can sit you down watching the great Great Britain teams of 58 - 62 and for all the icing, those British players were clinical hard nosed professionals just as we were under Low, under Monie, under Madge. The best utopian romantic RL team was Laughtons Widnes and they never even got to Wembley with Offiah. Chariots had to come here to get the opportunity, an opportunity driven by clinical hard nosed professionals.

You tell me how a man can be given 2 years learning from the best, having the joint set up perfectly and he managed to screw it up so badly?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:Slim why is it bullshit? Ted is a really positive fan and even he was scratching his head at the obsession with flinging the ball crazily wide in our own half.

The nuances may change but the basics of RL still hold true as they wee 10,20,30, 60, 60 etc years ago. Madge followed those principles and had games wrapped up and to bed by the end of the first half, players got injured far less too.

Waneball is high risk, TOO high risk. It defies logic in any sport to be honest. Boring Chelsea, boring Madge. Clinical professionalism always wins over utopian romantic ideology. I can sit you down watching the great Great Britain teams of 58 - 62 and for all the icing, those British players were clinical hard nosed professionals just as we were under Low, under Monie, under Madge. The best utopian romantic RL team was Laughtons Widnes and they never even got to Wembley with Offiah. Chariots had to come here to get the opportunity, an opportunity driven by clinical hard nosed professionals.

You tell me how a man can be given 2 years learning from the best, having the joint set up perfectly and he managed to screw it up so badly?
Perhaps he has not read Jack Gibson's books on expert coaching!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Being a self confessed "Happy Clapper" or in this case a "Co. Bible" man I must say that the time is now upon us to evaluate the separation between our home wins and away losses.

The wins at home IMO have been superb. Full of effort, skill, pace, desire and the epitome of good coaching in getting the best out of the squad and weighing up the oppositions strengths and weakness in preparation for the game.

Our away losses are the exact opposite. Often a lack of effort though sometimes not, poor skills, outside pace wasted, a lack of desire and such obvious clueless coaching and lack of weighing up of the opposition, it is staggering the difference between home and away.

It does appear we have two squads and two groups of coaching staff. The home group know exactly what they are doing. The away team squad and coaching group totally bereft of ideas and utterly clueless. That's appearances.

I didn't go to Catalans and didn't see it live on TV but watched the recording last night(Sunday).
Who the hell sent the players out with those tactics? Throw the ball around in your own 30 mtrs area. Get the ball out wide even when their defence is already in your line. How many scores did they put against us after one of our own mistakes? Those tactics work at the DW, they are catastrophic away from home. I went to the away game at Bradford last year where we lost and when the away rot first started. That was July, we haven't won an away game since.

We played Catalans 5 weeks ago and they were useless. Didn't score and never looked like scoring. Last Saturday we made them look like World Beaters.

It is obvious now that we don't appear to have the where with all to win away from the DW. The tactics are wrong and the squad's confidence on gaining an away win is probably shot to bits.
The coaching staff need to change the tactics for away games. We have a plan A for the DW and it works superby. We now need a Plan B for away games as the current Plan is bringing nothing but losses.

From the tactics at Catalans and the previous 10 months it looks unlikely we'll win any of the next three away games.
If that does happen then IL has to look at his options. Start looking for a new coaching staff then and bring them in immediately, or, wait until we mathamatically can't make the top four before looking.

If we win the next three and are first or second in the league then IL will carry on. If we don't then he's to look at what he does if we can't win away from home and don't make the top two.

If we don't win either the LLS or GF or both then IL will start looking. There's no way he will risk going into a third season without a trophy with the talent we have at the club.

The home form is brilliant, away form an utter disgrace.
The coaching staff have to get it sorted or it will be sorted out for them.

Good post Ted, well argued.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
menpond

Post by menpond »

In this very important issue CP is spot on.
mp
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

menpond wrote:In this very important issue CP is spot on.
Are you agreeing because you actually are cpwigan, it makes sense to me :eusa16: