To the Company Bible mob?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: To the Company Bible mob?

Post by markill »

After a massive defeat and another away day shocker is right to question things, but to rip everything apart from a team that was close runners up last year and is in contention in the league this year still, with a good points difference and some impressive wins over other top 8 side, is as ever an overreaction and jumping on a chance to get support on the anti-Wane band wagon. Yes it's awful to go out of the cup. Yes it's awful to have our second worst SL defeat. Yes it's awful to be so poor away from home. But it's not as if the world has ended and it's not as if this side can't win something this year under this coach like they have before. Something always wrong at Wigan, we're all too effing negative all the time. If we don't steam roll every team to every trophy then it's all fallen apart, apparently. Well that's a terribly high bar to set. I'm not happy with everything, but I'm willing to see a bit more of things before I'm calling for heads to roll and acting like I'm better than those who aren't. We've had better times, we've had far worse times. We win the GF and this is all utter crap. We don't get to OT and it's reasonable then to have a review of things and think about a change. I can't see any change now that's going to make us win every match and every trophy in 2015, which must be what some people expect, it seems as a minimum.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Go on record as saying you back Wane, you think Wane no matter what should remain coach of Wigan for the duration of his contract and by all means tell us all why you think so?

Over to you WW, PM Et al !
CP, please tell us why you vent personal anger towards a person on this Web site but yet wouldn't discuss it with him face to face?
Quite happy to say anything to anybody whomever. However, like all this is the medium we get to express our opinions most readily.

It is nothing personal. I care about what happens to Wigan RLFC. My father in law passed away recently one of my happiest memories is taking him to the DW. I spent a lifetime with my own father watching RL, the night he dies, we had been watching the Great Escape by Wigan. Oh for idiots like WW, my father was built like Andy Gregory and it is on record that he taught Bill Ashurst a lesson re toughness albeit on a football field. My first season ticket was bought by a fanatical Wigan fan, share holding coal miner great uncle. This club matters to me and one quote from my father which is perfect for the way Wane is destroying Wigan;

'You cannot knock anything where there is nothing'

ANSWER the original

Go on record as saying you back Wane, you think Wane no matter what should remain coach of Wigan for the duration of his contract and by all means tell us all why you think so?
It clearly is!!

For me no matter whether you are pro or anti Wane, one thing he deserves is more respect than some are showing!! Yes it has been his job and he gets paid to do it but for me over the years I bet he has gone above and beyond with the time he has dedicated to this club and none more so than the work he has put in to develop some fantastic youngsters for our club!! It looks like he is coming to the end and his limitations are finally surfacing and yes it could be time to move on but before he does it needs to be remembered that for years as a player and coach he has wore his heart on his sleeve and helped bring success to this club, maybe not as much as he should but no one is perfect!! I think the constant name calling and degrading of him as a human is disgusting and does nothing else but embarrass the poster/posters that do it!! That's my thoughts anyway!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Go on record as saying you back Wane, you think Wane no matter what should remain coach of Wigan for the duration of his contract and by all means tell us all why you think so?

CP, please tell us why you vent personal anger towards a person on this Web site but yet wouldn't discuss it with him face to face?
He values his teeth I assume :D
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Just as in life you gain respect, you also lose respect and that is what SW has done IMO.
Failing to put aside his own pig headedness and do what was right for the club.
Selecting players on past glorys and not merit
Constantly embarrassing us in the media
Failing to even blame himself or his tactics when we lose games, it's always the player fault.

It's not all down to SW though, if IL had any sort of backbone he would have pulled SW to one side and read the riot act to him...........and if he has already done this then SW has obviously ignored him and therefore has no respect for IL.

It's like they are all scared of him ..... I wonder why that is :roll:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Just as in life you gain respect, you also lose respect and that is what SW has done IMO.
Failing to put aside his own pig headedness and do what was right for the club.
Selecting players on past glorys and not merit
Constantly embarrassing us in the media
Failing to even blame himself or his tactics when we lose games, it's always the player fault.

It's not all down to SW though, if IL had any sort of backbone he would have pulled SW to one side and read the riot act to him...........and if he has already done this then SW has obviously ignored him and therefore has no respect for IL.

It's like they are all scared of him ..... I wonder why that is :roll:
Come on then tell us the team he should've picked or the tactics he should've employed
TrueBlueWarrior

You don't lose respect for picking certain players, lacking media knowledge or choosing the wrong tactics!! They just show that maybe you aren't up to the job!! For SW to lose respect he would have to do far worse than that in my eyes!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

slimshady wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:

Keyboard warrior that's why
Usual stupidity from a RLfans disciple. People talk about toughness do this, do that. You even get WW coward jibe. Not even sure any understand what toughness is or means.

Invariably, women are far tougher than men! toughness is not throwing your fist at somebody. Toughness is dealing with the everyday shit of life, keeping your family together, toughness is people dealing with life threatening disease, toughness is for people who every day they live is a bonus. I could go on but it would not suit the macho nonsense people like to spout.

If somebody is given everything set up for them; knowledge and facilities and they blow it then are they not stupid? an imbecile? If they blow it but talk nonsense are they not a gobshite? Remember the adage you cannot knock anything where there is nothing.

One thing is for sure and even I learned this playing sport as a knee high boy. I never talked about what I was / could do to somebody because the moment somebody made empty promises they were on a loser. However, does that make somebody tough? does it balls? I could lose it better than anybody, hurt people better than anybody. My father was even better but is that toughness? Not really. Like I say women are far tougher than men; anybody who deals with illness / disease is far tougher!

Nevertheless, if people are happy to see what should be another great era destroyed; answer the questions; Go on record as saying you back Wane, you think Wane no matter what should remain coach of Wigan for the duration of his contract and by all means tell us all why you think so?

Just remember the reason this club kept enjoying halcyon eras is because it was smart, always seeking to move on and progress. The moment this club stands still it starts going backwards. Oddly enough usually at a time when it went overly Wigan in the 70's and now now.
TrueBlueWarrior

My Dad is harder than your Dad cp!! :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:My Dad is harder than your Dad cp!! :lol:
You obviously read nothing

Hardness / toughness and anybody who relates to sport :lol: WOMEN are generally tougher than men. My father was a so called legend, his funeral was packed outside because he was a legend :roll: His true hardness / toughness was losing his mother at 11, his true toughness was spending his last years in agony fighting death etc. More often, women deal with such things far better than men ever have, ever will.

I only care about this club because as a teenager it provided dreams, as an adult is provides family memories. If you then bother to learn about its history you understand why Wane is damaging the club he probably loves but is too arrogant and stupid to understand why.

As far as I am concerned, Wane will see me as an opinionated SOB who he would not even sully his hands with. I am an opinionated SOB! Ooh am I being personal :roll:

As I always say there is a reason why this club has built upon its legacy time and time again and it was never just about Wiganers, it was never about accepting second best and it was never about just standing still. It was about making tough calls, ask Clarke and McInnes etc etc.
pedro

Post by pedro »

what has toughness got to do with anything? I dont want a tough coach I want a world class 1