Sarge

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Sarge

Post by cpwigan »

Rightly taken criticism but his Magic effort was his best of the season; TOP drawer!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Sarge

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Rightly taken criticism but his Magic effort was his best of the season; TOP drawer!
Agree, I have said that elsewhere. Unfortunately, he dropped a sitter so I can only give him 9 out of 10.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

He seems to raise his game on the big stage. Had things to sort out and sorted them out. Admirable effort.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Absolutely agree.

His defence has been nothing short of disgusting on 3 seperate occassions this season (wire, hull kr, cats), but fair play the lad doesn't hide and he put in a great effort at Leeds.

Top drawer
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Good performance, but for me Sarge isn't the "complete" centre yet.

Maybe I have been spoiled watching Bell, Miles et al, but for me classic centre play is about drawing your man in and putting your winger in for the try.

Plus rock solid defence.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wintergreen wrote:Good performance, but for me Sarge isn't the "complete" centre yet.

Maybe I have been spoiled watching Bell, Miles et al, but for me classic centre play is about drawing your man in and putting your winger in for the try.

Plus rock solid defence.
How many 'complete' centres are there at 22?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Good performance, but for me Sarge isn't the "complete" centre yet.

Plus rock solid defence.
That's a different question ;)
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

Plus rock solid defence.
Good point, TBW - Keith Senior would be a great example. In his early years at Sheffield and at Leeds, he regularly ran out of the line in defence and left a gap a mile wide. (He was 23 when he signed for Leeds according to Wikipedia.) Sarge only turned 22 last week - Happy Birthday, Dan!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wintergreen wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

Plus rock solid defence.
That's a different question ;)
It's not a 'different' question it's just 'a' question to your statement, so do you have an answer?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Can't paste from Excel onto here, so apologies for poor formatting, but here are stats on Sarge and Thornley:

(All average per game played - doesn't allow for minutes played.)

Tries; Assists; Tackles; Missed Tackles; Busts; Carries; Metres; Ave Gain; Clean Breaks; Offloads.

Thornley (2013):
0.50; 0.38; 10.3; 1.1; 1.6; 9.8; 80; 8.12; 0.8; 0.54

Thornley (2014):
0.70; 0.40; 9.4; 0.7; 2.1; 9.5; 75; 7.85; 0.4; 0.30

Sarge (2015):
0.46; 0.46; 13.7; 1.8; 2.8; 19.1; 125; 6.56; 0.6; 0.85

Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐