NFL over NRL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

NFL over NRL

Post by Mike »

No NRL players for Wigan, but perhaps NFL players?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... da-9382609

TBH, he's only talking up the marquee signing rule, its no big deal what he says. Though it must be annoying to have people constantly looking for these sorts of contradictions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
sc74

Re: NFL over NRL

Post by sc74 »

Im not having a pop at the big man, but what do you see in an American Footballer and think - he'll be good!

Without stating the obvious, they waz the ball forward, throw it on the ground and are padded up to the eyeballs.

There are also something like 57 team mates to support them.

Is this a distractor story?

Anyway, good luck Sunday SW :)
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Jarryd Hayne is an NFL player and if you think he's not good your sadly mistaken
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

slimshady wrote:Jarryd Hayne is an NFL player and if you think he's not good your sadly mistaken
Hes probably Wigan standard!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Takes me back to Ellery signing for London Monarchs! :)
sc74

Post by sc74 »

slimshady wrote:Jarryd Hayne is an NFL player and if you think he's not good your sadly mistaken
NRL player first. Doubt he's looking at converts. Anway.....
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

‘‘This could be a way to stop our top players going into rugby union. Joel Tomkins could not wait to get back into league after his time in union.

it won't, but how great would that be if it was a hint at us targetting Burgess.

Now please correct me if im wrong but was Wane one of the people who said he was against the Marquee signing as hes more interested in the youth?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan wrote:Takes me back to Ellery signing for London Monarchs! :)
I remember that, wasn't it announced on a talk show. I'm sure it was just a publicity stunt though and he never played a game.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Think is with union is a lot go over there hoping to walk into the England squad, once thats not an option they come back.

Personally (and this is just my observation) the tomkins brothers did very well out of Joels deal as they have done from Sams deal.

If you remember Joel went on a good contract because wigan dangled the carrot of Sam joining him to saracens, Sam got Joels money as an uplift for staying, then Sam goes to another club and comes back just in time to benefit from the marque exemption

As for NFL vs NRL, i think its impossible to judge an NFL player they will have completely different skill sets and fitness types, NFL is about maximum effort for 10-20seconds followed by a rest, rugby league is relentless
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Think is with union is a lot go over there hoping to walk into the England squad, once thats not an option they come back.

Personally (and this is just my observation) the tomkins brothers did very well out of Joels deal as they have done from Sams deal.

If you remember Joel went on a good contract because wigan dangled the carrot of Sam joining him to saracens, Sam got Joels money as an uplift for staying, then Sam goes to another club and comes back just in time to benefit from the marque exemption

As for NFL vs NRL, i think its impossible to judge an NFL player they will have completely different skill sets and fitness types, NFL is about maximum effort for 10-20seconds followed by a rest, rugby league is relentless
My point exactly, how on earh would you spot rugby talent in the NFL?