danny orr's hamstring again!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

danny orr's hamstring again!

Post by the grinch »

i saw danny sculthorpe in a garden centre and got talking about how the training is going on. he said danny orr pulled up again whilst training and is now a doubt for the warrington game. i dont think we have seen the best yet from orr and maybe we never will! i like danny orr he tackles his heart out but he is missing more and more games. maybe we should cut our losses and sell him on. :doz:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Doveoverdave

Re: danny orr's hamstring agai...

Post by Doveoverdave »

the grinch posted:
i saw danny sculthorpe in a garden centre and got talking about how the training is going on. he said danny orr pulled up again whilst training and is now a doubt for the warrington game. i dont think we have seen the best yet from orr and maybe we never will! i like danny orr he tackles his heart out but he is missing more and more games. maybe we should cut our losses and sell him on. :doz:
Who on earth will buy him? Think of a super league club with a worse half back than Orr. Seriously every single team has at least one! He'll stay at Wigan and see his contract out because he cannot demand nor does he warrent the excessive money that we pay him.

His game at Cas was of organiser and support player. You nailed it in one at Wigan he tackles his heart out, which for me is the least that a pro footballer should offer.

heydude

Re: danny orr's hamstring ...

Post by heydude »

Doveoverdave posted:

Who on earth will buy him? Think of a super league club with a worse half back than Orr. Seriously every single team has at least one!
what worse than orr or better. :D
don't eat yellow snow
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: If he had a muscle in his brain, he would be permenantely ijnured !!!!

:angry:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Cas may buy him back when they get promotion, given his history there, and that they will struggle to put together a competitive squad. I was hoping London may lose Leuluai, and buy back Moran, but that plan has been scuppered.

Orr has been a disaster.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

orr has been unlucky and nobody has picked up on it until now, hes been on and off all season and a huge part of last season, orr and moran are meant to be seasoned professionals in our squad and ok they have only played together once or twice, but neither of them have made an impact on us this season, we need some half backs who can play rugby!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

I think your all being a bit harsh on danny!! Alright I will be the first to admit he hasnt played his best attacking football since he has been with us!! But like one of you mention in a previous post, that he hasnt played regularly enough, to combine well enough with either Lam last season or moran this!!

As we have seen moran isnt really an organiser but danny is, and has proved it at cas when he ran the show and captained the side. Maybe if danny can get himself fit (a big if I know) and his confidence comes back then he will do the business for us!!
I am a great believer in "you dont become a bad player overnight!!"

Maybe its time we pushed for instead of new coach and a new chairman!!! WE NEED A DECENT CONDITIONER!! as its being in top condition and battle hardened that stop you getting injured, I think with two injury ravaged seasons I think its time to ask the question!!!

:exc:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

i've questioned the conditioning skills before, but nobody responded, instead of poaching players we should poach leeds' conditioner!

Danny orr is fantastic in defese but sometimes you just forget hes on the field
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
bertina

Post by bertina »

Exactly right exiled wiganer. all this talk of "we haven't seen the best of Danny Orr yet" is garbage. How long are we supposed to wait? He's had more than enough time to prove himself, and failed miserably.His kicking game is poor, he's creating nothing with the ball in his hands and he couldn't organise a p**S up in a brewery.
He is filling a 20/20 spot.Let's cut our losses and get rid.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mrs_carney posted:
i've questioned the conditioning skills before, but nobody responded, instead of poaching players we should poach leeds' conditioner!
Perhaps the people wanting Moaning Millie at Wigan should remember what we got last time someone defected from St Helens and came to Wigan. I can't remember whose decision it was to replace Marty Hulme with Nigel Ineptly-Jones but I'm still half-convinced it was all a St Helens ploy to reduce the fitness of our players. And remember we also had that other top St Helens star join the club not too long ago, Brett Goldspink! Why would we want ANYONE associated with St Helens when we've had such wonderful staff in recent years?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]