Matty Smith Kicking Stats

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PF Warrior

Matty Smith Kicking Stats

Post by PF Warrior »

Apologises if this has be asked before, but I am new to the Wigan Warriors Fans Forum, well posting I have been reading it for years, does anyone have the percentages of Matty's conversions, misses to those scored?
No straw damn us

Re: Matty Smith Kicking Stats

Post by No straw damn us »

PF Warrior wrote:Apologises if this has be asked before, but I am new to the Wigan Warriors Fans Forum, well posting I have been reading it for years, does anyone have the percentages of Matty's conversions, misses to those scored?
All players/teams stats here.

http://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/player_stats
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Thanks for that.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

No need for stats. We all know how good he is at kicking

sc74

Post by sc74 »

It's the ones to the side a bit, that he has trouble with.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

As much as I want to give him the benefit of the doubt it is clear he is far to inconsistent!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

no fault of his he never has been and never will be an established kicker, in fact he is just still the player he has always been throughout his career I am sorry to say average nothing outstanding and is often anonymous when the chips are down,
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:As much as I want to give him the benefit of the doubt it is clear he is far to inconsistent!
He's kicking 68% of his goals, sinfield 85% Tommy Makinson 82% Danny Brough 76%. We have been spoiled at Wigan with Botica, Farrell and Richards. These missed conversions can be the difference between a win and a loss.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I did think he would get better and better as a place kicker but he seems to have settled on a level that is unacceptable. The only caveat and I do not think it is available but we tend to score more of our tries OUT WIDE than other teams.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:I did think he would get better and better as a place kicker but he seems to have settled on a level that is unacceptable. The only caveat and I do not think it is available but we tend to score more of our tries OUT WIDE than other teams.
It's not just his place kicking that is inconsistent though is it?

Supposedly brought in to add a kicking game to the team and we have nothing better than anything we saw from Tommy

I do wonder if Wigan had expected the pre-season signing of Brough to have happened and not "worked" with Smith to fix his kicking faults
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!