Bryan Fletcher

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
buddyboy

Bryan Fletcher

Post by buddyboy »

:blush:

Does anybody know anything about the rumour (todays WEP) that we are about to buy Bryan Fletcher? Is he anygood? Is anybody worried about him being over 30 by the time he arrives?

Will he fill up our overseas quota for next season.
thegimble

Re: Bryan Fletcher

Post by thegimble »

buddyboy posted:

Does anybody know anything about the rumour (todays WEP) that we are about to buy Bryan Fletcher? Is he anygood? Is anybody worried about him being over 30 by the time he arrives?

What does WEP stand for. I ve given up on the overseas thing. Seems only to affect if your Aussie, as you can sign an Islander and that does not go against the quota.

From what ive seen hes ok.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

thegimble posted:
buddyboy posted:

What does WEP stand for. I ve given up on the overseas thing. Seems only to affect if your Aussie, as you can sign an Islander and that does not go against the quota.

From what ive seen hes ok.
WEP = "Wigan Evening Post" (it's a newspaper, allegedly)

Fletcher's an OK player, from what I've seen of him, but nothing special. He's more of a second row than a prop, though. I'd rather try for someone like Jason Cayless, kiwi international prop.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I notice this could be part of an exchange deal for Brian Carney? Do you think this is a good idea? Are we going to end up now with too many props and no real wingers? I hope not, I don't want to be playing boring, up the middle rugby league, although saying that we've done that without having any props to do so!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

We have needed weight up front for a while now (should have kept Terry). As for Carney……well better a man who plays than a “ God “ who never does ( and I mean GOD) :wink:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

thegimble posted:
What does WEP stand for.
Waste Encapsulation Plant!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

But I thought they were buying him to play at prop? I know he's not naturally a prop but I I'd read that they were getting him to play at prop rather than second row, sounds very similar to what a lot of our players are currently doing (not having a setposition and playing it)

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It bothers me that if this guy is as good as he has been made out, why we would deliberately try to change his position?
He's performed well in his natural position so we want to put him in a different one to test him? Or to bring his confidence down? What is the reason for this? If we want him to play, keep him at second row and get rid of a current second rower, if we want a prop go find one like you said.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
heydude

Post by heydude »

i think at the souths he has been playing at prop anyway some second rowers have been converted to prop look at adrian morley for sydney city,second rower at leeds now prop at sydney. :)
don't eat yellow snow
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Well let's hope if he does come here, he doesn't lose his touch, not that that happens regularly at our club

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!