Adjutant Generals v Parachute Reg in Curtain Raiser

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Adjutant Generals v Parachute Reg in Curtain Raiser

Post by josie andrews »

The Adjutant General's Corps are set to take on The Parachute Regiment in a curtain raiser to Fridays Armed Forces Celebration game between Wigan and Salford.

The two Armed Forces sides will face each other at Scot Lane Playing fields next to the Soccer Dome at 5.30pm before the evenings Super League fixture on Friday 19th June. Match and season ticket holders will be able to watch the match free of charge.

Captain Jonny Atterton from the Adjutant General's Corps commented;

"Both teams are looking forward to taking in part in what should be a good competitive game.

"We home as many fans as possible can come along to see the game before the main event when Wigan take on Salford"

The Armed Forces Day at the DW Stadium will also a beer tent, music from the Pemberton Old Wigan Brass Band, Military Vehicles, weapons and uniforms on display and much more.

To purchase tickets for Wigan vs Salford visit the DW Stadium ticket office, call the ticket hotline on 0871 66 33 552 (calls cost 10p per minute from a BT landline, call costs from mobiles may vary) or [click here] and select the Print@Home option.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... TjiMFcG.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Sutty

Re: Adjutant Generals v Parachute Reg in Curtain Raiser

Post by Sutty »

I wouldn't have thought that the All Girlie Corps (AGC) would be a match for the Para's. I remember playing 7 RHA when I was in the Signals and we got physically battered, although kept the score reasonable for about 50 mins, then their far superior fitness took over.

Should be an interesting game though and something a bit different, which is good for the club.

:D :D

BriH

Post by BriH »

It would have been more exciting if the Paras had taken on the Marines!!
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

As Sutty mentioned...I too have played against many of the Corps/Regts teams; Infantry, RLC, Signals, REME, and can say I don't mind who plays, it's excellent to see any Corps/Regt teams as a curtain raiser, more of it please!!
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

BriH wrote:It would have been more exciting if the Paras had taken on the Marines!!
It would in deed. No love lost between those two although I seem to remember the ACC giving the para's a tonking at Aldershot many years ago. Good PR for the Warriors and the real Warriors. The Parachute Reg. Bless em all.
jobo

Post by jobo »

BriH wrote:It would have been more exciting if the Paras had taken on the Marines!!
Is there such a thing as unfriendly rivalry? Never mind early bath, that game would be a bloodbath.
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

jobo wrote:
Is there such a thing as unfriendly rivalry? Never mind early bath, that game would be a bloodbath.
Green berets would win... Para's are craphats :wink:
BriH

Post by BriH »

i'm spartacus wrote:
jobo wrote:
Green berets would win... Para's are craphats :wink:
Ouch :conf:
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Just as a matter of interest, there is a Marines v Paras match every year called the Trafalgar Cup.

Don't know if this years has been and gone or not

dontshootthemessenger

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

that match is on 12th july ,i,m spartacus -curtain raiser to salford v hull kr at the aj bell

its on the rflsite