Post match comments

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post match comments

Post by cpwigan »

I do find it funny that Wane has been complaining about referees several times that he makes comments like that. His latter comments about our effort sound crazy and desperate.
Salford head coach Iestyn Harris:

"The in-goal touch judge gave a drop-out. He is right there on the spot and he (the referee) goes with a touch judge that is 20 metres away.

"That was frustrating for us and disappointing but it's Wigan away. I've been in that dressing room and you tend to get those decisions when you are in that dressing room.

"Wigan threw a lot at us and we defended reasonably well. We repelled a lot of what they threw at us and a couple of ricochets got us.

"We certainly have to do a lot of improvement with ball in hand but the attitude of the players was spot on."

Wigan head coach Shaun Wane in response:

"That sounds to me like an absolute cop-out, but I wouldn't expect anything else. That was a dead-set try. If he is moaning about one try - just worry about other things.

"I am amazed at that comment. He doesn't need to worry about things like that.

"Half-time was really simple - very loud. That is the most I have ever freaked out, probably. I think I have lost a year of my life there.

"That was a must-win game. I wasn't bothered about playing well or bad. I wanted to win the game. I didn't want to be in a great game, play well and get pipped by a point by them.

"Bad or good I wanted two points. That was a non-negotiable, life-or-death win. We had to win. That is why I was so animated at half-time."
Garry Riley

Re: Post match comments

Post by Garry Riley »

For all his ranting at half time the first twenty minutes of the second half were shocking. Just like the first half. If Wane is feeling desperate it's nothing to how the fans are feeling. It seems the wheels have come off the wagon and are nowhere to be seen.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I'm staggered that Waney would get so upset about one comment. The try was questionable without doubt. We were very lucky last night and we played some God awful rugby. I think Wane needs to be a little more magnanimous in victory because his comments just smack of hypocrisy.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
GBH

Post by GBH »

We were absolutely shocking last night and very lucky to win it was so obvious that the players are not happy, we normally play for 60 mins and lift off for to well we were lucky if they played for 20 mins and rested for 60 mins.
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Kiwiseddon wrote:I'm staggered that Waney would get so upset about one comment. The try was questionable without doubt. We were very lucky last night and we played some God awful rugby. I think Wane needs to be a little more magnanimous in victory because his comments just smack of hypocrisy.
He actually knows nothing about hypocrisy or being magnanimous, he just opens his mouth and it flows like sick I'm afraid.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:I'm staggered that Waney would get so upset about one comment. The try was questionable without doubt. We were very lucky last night and we played some God awful rugby. I think Wane needs to be a little more magnanimous in victory because his comments just smack of hypocrisy.
He actually knows nothing about hypocrisy or being magnanimous, he just opens his mouth and it flows like sick I'm afraid.
I agree, don't think there's much malice with the man.
Sure he has lots of good qualities, but you wouldn't want him in your pub quiz team.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

sc74 wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
I agree, don't think there's much malice with the man.
Sure he has lots of good qualities, but you wouldn't want him in your pub quiz team.
Would you want him as your head coach?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

SEFC No!!
Hearts in the right place but still looking for his brain unfortunately.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
FAIRWARRIOR

Post by FAIRWARRIOR »

Driving home from work earlier, I was shocked to listen to the interview on the radio.
How on earth he can be so arrogant....I'm struggling to find another word right now....to say that had we played the first half like the second half, we would have stuck 40 points on them!! He couldn't have been watching the same game as the other 12,000 spectators last night!
We were shocking. Awful. Very very lucky to scrape the win.
I find his 'comments' very infuriating. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve, there is no doubt about that, but there is such a thing as tact. He seems lacking in that department.

What I found disappointing last night personally was the complete lack of desire.
Following Salford's try when they literally walked in....our players were stood waiting for the kick to follow all looking at the floor. There was no leadership at all! The likes of Edwards and Farrell etc would have been banging heads together at that defence....Hands on hips, staring down at our new pitch just isn't good enough.

Very frustrating evening.
OJ

Post by OJ »

They're clearly not too fond of one another are they!
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.