Thursday night Matches

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southernpie

Thursday night Matches

Post by southernpie »

Super league have a survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SLThursdaynight
Asking for your views on Thursday night matches.

I said move all Thursday matches to Friday, Saturday or Sunday
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
josie andrews

Re: Thursday night Matches

Post by josie andrews »

When they asked the question; what do you think could make Thursday night games better I replied

'Move them to Saturday or Sunday afternoons'!

It doesn't affect me one bit, So I'm not bothered either way, but there are many many others who struggle to get to these games & it's not just adults. Kiddies have school the next day so what do you do, let your child's education suffer from a late night to go to the game or be the responsible parent?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

I miss the sunday games but thats just me for us the day a match is played on thankfully irrelevant as work is pretty good in changing days worked etc.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Would rather see them back to Friday Saturday Sunday, seeing as i'm no a real fan i never filled it out :conf:
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

Survey is loaded ,clearly going to stick with it and take the 'Sky Shilling '
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

As second row already said the survey is loaded and the fans will be ignored regardless of the outcome.Waste of time really.Just paying lip service.
markill

Post by markill »

I have no problem with one or two of our home games being on Thursday's. We know long enough in advance to plan any early work finishes, rearrange social events etc. I guess kids in school could be the only genuine issue people can have as I understand why people don't like taking their little ones out that late on a school night.

What I do like is that it's the only game that night. I get to see the live game on TV and not miss it because I'm at a Wigan game. It's a nice way to break the week up before the weekend for me. People clamour for champions league soccer which is mid week. Why do we rugby league fans moan about Thursday games but football fans don't moan about games every night of the week? More exposure, better viewing figures, good for the game on a wider scale than the few people who have issues attending the odd one.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
sc74

Post by sc74 »

markill wrote:I have no problem with one or two of our home games being on Thursday's. We know long enough in advance to plan any early work finishes, rearrange social events etc. I guess kids in school could be the only genuine issue people can have as I understand why people don't like taking their little ones out that late on a school night.

What I do like is that it's the only game that night. I get to see the live game on TV and not miss it because I'm at a Wigan game. It's a nice way to break the week up before the weekend for me. People clamour for champions league soccer which is mid week. Why do we rugby league fans moan about Thursday games but football fans don't moan about games every night of the week? More exposure, better viewing figures, good for the game on a wider scale than the few people who have issues attending the odd one.
I agree with you there. I look forward to Thursday and getting to watch a game. Think the ticket prices should be heaily discounted, though. Not pleasant to watch any sport with poor support.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

I didn't mind Thursday games but now I drive100 miles for home games means I'm not home much before midnight on a work day and then have to drive down to Bolton on Friday for 8.00am.
But I go when I can on Thursday one reason being my season ticket start s to look poor vfm if I don't go as much as possible
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Less traffic (usually) for me on a Thursday than a Friday but I can't help thinking Thursday fixtures are bad for the sport.

Even less likely to get away support in my opinion and the home support suffers as regards parents with school age kids.

Lower attendance is never a good thing.