going into the last 2 games?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

going into the last 2 games?

Post by FROM A TO B »

With the top 3 not quite a done deal but with only 2 points separating us and Leeds, what are your thoughts going into the last 2 games?

Wigan v Widnes. I would expect us to win
Hull v Wigan. Tough place to go but expect another win for us. Giving us 31 points

Wire v Stains. A potential win for Wire with them fighting to stay in top 8
Stains v KR. Home win putting Stain on 29

Leeds v Salford. no comment!
Leeds v Catalan. If away would be a tough one so expect a Leeds win leaving them on 33

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
sc74

Re: going into the last 2 games?

Post by sc74 »

FROM A TO B wrote:
Hull v Wigan. Tough place to go but expect another win for us. Giving us 31 points
Not sure about a Hull away win, but after watching our game and last night's 'show', my worries have been alleyed.
GF will be ours :D
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

We only need to get into the top 4 to have home advantage when the split comes
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

jaws1 wrote:We only need to get into the top 4 to have home advantage when the split comes
Depends if you call London home :roll:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

sc74 wrote:
FROM A TO B wrote:
Not sure about a Hull away win, but after watching our game and last night's 'show', my worries have been alleyed.
GF will be ours :D

Agreed. If we don't I'll show my a. E in Piccadilly. Now that really is confidence (or fool hardly :cool:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

jaws1 wrote:We only need to get into the top 4 to have home advantage when the split comes
Wrong.
We need to finish as high as possible.
At the moment we'll play leeds, scum and wire away and hull, cats, case and giants at home.
Who do you fancy in London, Cats?
Not as easy when you look at it like that is it?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

I still find it mind boggling that in the chase for money we're giving up a home game to play in london. :conf:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gruffy wrote:I still find it mind boggling that in the chase for money we're giving up a home game to play in london. :conf:
Same here as given our away form it seems mad.

In the match program on Thursday IL's piece had two short paragraphs about the Warrington game and the evenings match and the entire rest of the page was given over to the Wigan business club or whatever it is called. It even ended with a plug saying if anyone is interested in joining telling them how to contact the club.

It may be IL's grand master plan but the game and team certainly played second fiddle to it in his chairman's piece.

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I think we'll beat Widnes ok.
What does worry me is the Hull FC game given our season's away form. Favorites to beat Wire and we play like that!

If they have been given a massive morale boost after beating KR this weekend then it could be very difficult.
Should FC lose their Derby then their heads will be down as will their supporters.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I think some will be shocked by the number of supporters who will go to the game in London this season, irrespective of any opinion on the decision about the wisdom of it, and especially with us not being in the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley.

The problem will be in future years with a annual game, especially if we were to be in any Challenge Cup Final which is around the same time of the season.

Our club has a good hard core of support who will travel anywhere in spite of any decision which they may not agreed with being made by the club but will they splash out on two trips to London when they are so near each other and even possibly a Grand Final to follow?