Re: Wane / Charnley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Maybe he's the kind of player that needs a kick up the bum rather than an arm around the shoulder.

He has been lethargic IMO and isn't as fit as he once was. He's lost a bit of zip and rarely makes those breaks coming out of dummy half anymore.

I rate the lad though and he'll bounce back, but I trust the manager to know how to get the best from him.

Looks like he's playing again too

Wigan Warriors ‏@WiganWarriorsRL 3m3 minutes ago
"Josh Charnley did ok, he'll play again this weekend. There's still lots of improvement left in him." SW
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

AdamMac wrote:Maybe he's the kind of player that needs a kick up the bum rather than an arm around the shoulder.

He has been lethargic IMO and isn't as fit as he once was. He's lost a bit of zip and rarely makes those breaks coming out of dummy half anymore.

I rate the lad though and he'll bounce back, but I trust the manager to know how to get the best from him.

Looks like he's playing again too

Wigan Warriors ‏@WiganWarriorsRL 3m3 minutes ago
"Josh Charnley did ok, he'll play again this weekend. There's still lots of improvement left in him." SW

Yes - but will it be at Workington ??
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

He has turned down his latest contract with wigan and i for one hope he stays as when budgie leaves at the end of the season we will need him more than ever.
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i say this quite alot, it does come across in the media that Wane doesn't really like Charnley to much.

to point out in a statement that a player gave away 2 penalties is moronic, especially when other players gave away plenty more and made alot of errors themselves.

Charnley made a sublime tackle in the game that was everything wane gets excited about in defence, it was Hard, floored the leeds player and stopped the ball making it to the winger...

as a player who hasnt had much game time this season, is very obviously getting his confidence knocked down by Wane i would say that his performance vs leeds was outstanding.. how many players have come back from long term absence from first team games and played that well?

i do sometimes wonder if being leading try scorer in SL for was it 3 seasons in a row got to Charnleys head and Wane is trying to get rid of that mentality, but then again in the interviews Charnley still seems down to earth.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wane is right there is still a lot of room for improvement in Charnley, when he is truly firing he is unplayable, he seemed to be much happier on Thursday!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bobby1979

Post by bobby1979 »

I personally think we will see a different charnley once sam returns
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Josh gave away two penalties, did Joel not give away two tries by offloading?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

For his media comments over the last few years, I'm pretty sure Wane doesn't like Charnley. I dont' see this as a motivational thing. I don't know though, its just my opinion from what I've read.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
robspark

Post by robspark »

Well charnley asked aquestion on his twitter account, guess what im having at Nandos?

This is what a random follower posted....

Mike Glover
22h22 hours ago
Mike Glover ‏@MikeGlover87
@Joshuacharnley @NandosUK A "Dom Manfredi is a better winger than you" special

Almost as funny as Medlocke's humour :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

robspark wrote:Well charnley asked aquestion on his twitter account, guess what im having at Nandos?

This is what a random follower posted....

Mike Glover
22h22 hours ago
Mike Glover ‏@MikeGlover87
@Joshuacharnley @NandosUK A "Dom Manfredi is a better winger than you" special

Almost as funny as Medlocke's humour :lol:
How do you know it wasn't me :sly: