New Players !!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

New Players !!

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf: I'm confused, fisrt we read and are told, Doris is staying over here and employing some sort of super scout to find players in Ozz.
In todays Sunday Pink, it says Doris is in Ozz??

In todays Sunday Express, Melbourne Storms scrum half Matt Orford signs for Warrington in 3 year £500,000 deal !! it also goes on to say, he was wanted by a number of other SL clubs but Wolves offer tops the rest !!

I thought we where looking for players, with 6 super scouts you would think we would have have caught this one ! Or are we now being beaten to the top players by the mighty Wolves !!!!
What on earth is it coming to !!!

:conf: :conf:
Doveoverdave

Re: New Players !!

Post by Doveoverdave »

I don't know if we can believe all we read in the press. As I've stated before whether it's in the British game or overseas signings we never seem to be in the equation as regards transfer/signing deals.

All the deals seem to be done by Leeds, Bulls and the almighty Wolves. JJ posted his thoughts that , in the minds of top players, we might not now be considered top SL club anymore. :(
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( Well if that is the case, and players don't see us as a top SL team, we really do need to be doing something about it !!!

:(
mario

Post by mario »

I'd be surprised to see Orford leave the NRL!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
In todays Sunday Express, Melbourne Storms scrum half Matt Orford signs for Warrington in 3 year £500,000 deal !! it also goes on to say, he was wanted by a number of other SL clubs but Wolves offer tops the rest !!

I thought we where looking for players, with 6 super scouts you would think we would have have caught this one ! Or are we now being beaten to the top players by the mighty Wolves !!!!
What on earth is it coming to !!!

:conf: :conf:
Like him or not, we've already got a scrum-half for next year in Dennis Moran. We might have to get rid of him before bringing anyone else in. Or is this the start of the Nat Wood to Wigan rumours again?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]