NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
heydude

Re: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Post by heydude »

MrsLam posted:
It's hardly an excuse to say we played well.

You all expected us to lose anyway so why all this crap drama now, "O no we have lost it is the end" We played a lot better than was expected.
mrs lam can they carrying on improving though look last time lost to bradford wakefield then won st helens and hull all thought we were improving then the wheels fell off again so whats to say we improved for the warrington game and now kick on from here when we thought that last time.
don't eat yellow snow
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I hope we can carry on, hopefully it wont be a re play of last time. Maybe this time we will carry the performance, onwards and upwards ey!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Pedro, we'll make it simple for you then. in the phrase hear hear hear is the correct spelling of hear,
A) Hear,
b) Ear,
C) Here
:doz: :doz:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Oooo ooo I know I know!!!!

*puts hand up like a 4 year old in a classroom*
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Careful Cat, your halo will slip :exc:
I despair at times at the spelling on the site, it cannot all be one finger typing errors. GeoffN must have nightmares sometimes.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

pedro

Post by pedro »

ian.birchall posted:
Pedro, we'll make it simple for you then. in the phrase hear hear hear is the correct spelling of hear,
A) Hear,
b) Ear,
C) Here
:doz: :doz:
What the **** are you on about?
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Pedro, sorry, in this case it was manmonkey on page 1, I got my lines crossed.

pedro

Post by pedro »

ian.birchall posted:
Careful Cat, your halo will slip :exc:
I despair at times at the spelling on the site, it cannot all be one finger typing errors. GeoffN must have nightmares sometimes.
Surely your not picking at my grammar?

pedro

Post by pedro »

ian.birchall posted:
Pedro, sorry, in this case it was manmonkey on page 1, I got my lines crossed.
No probs. Ive been reading a dictionary for 2 hours now :wink:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Doug Stand posted:
But do the managment team know that... do they know we have a weaker squad than last year or are they under the impression that the young lads are just a bit green and then of a sudden they will all gel just like that and we'll have another ten years of silverware.

I was really looking at the games of late and seeing what postives were shown with the playing staff that are there... Like has Aspinwall (who I am not a fan of) started improving. The half-backs are they going to get better... things like that. I want to be thinking well OK Danny Orr...showed a few good signs there. Nice kick, good break...even if we don;t score . Instead of me saying how kack I think he is and he passes it behind his players and his kicks are just tripe... you know, just want something to buck me up.
I doubt the management think that forcing these lads to play week in week out is ideal, we have no other opportunity and out injury troubles and Farrell's leaving are obvious reasons why we have to play so much youth.

Did you goto the game on Sunday? The main improvements for me were:
  • Vaealiki had a good alround game, his go-forward was great, he's finally using his strength, his tackling was decent too.
  • Seuseu was playing with some venom, even breaking tackles, as usual Guisett carried on in the same vein.
  • Godwin came on when Newton was injured and he was making breaks left right and centre, well relatively.
  • Orr actually had a good kicking game, he was disecting the winger and full back with each kick, you could tell he was thinking about the kick rather than rushing it straight to the full back.
  • Brown didn't play well at Bradford as full back, his positioning was poor... yesterday though he was spot on, there was only once I think he let it bounce when he should have caught it. There were a couple of other misunderstandings with Seuseu and Dallas but it's only to be expected when he's played all over the spot.
  • Moran, although he gave away that try trying to force a pass to Carney, he played well, he was central to quite a few of Wigan's attacks, I still think he needs time to settle though, hopefully Orr will stay fit now, then I'm hoping his mistakes will become less frequent.
  • More generally we played well as a team, we passed, we supported well on the break, we didn't play one man rugby up the middle of the field, we tried to spread the ball out to the wingers. You could tell there was real effort there yesterday. In my opinion all these points are very positive and something to base future performances on!