NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sedbergh

Re: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Post by sedbergh »

you're right, robjoenz. There were a lot of improvements yesterday over the performances in recent weeks. We need to sharpen up when we make breaks as we took the wrong option on a number of occasions. There's all this talk of the team not being good enough etc but let's face it, it's the team that will see the year out. We will just have to accept it and the best thing the supporters can do is get behind the players and not get on their backs. The effort was there for all to see yesterday and I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about the Saints cup game now than I was when I heard the draw.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ian.birchall posted:
Careful Cat, your halo will slip :exc:
I despair at times at the spelling on the site, it cannot all be one finger typing errors. GeoffN must have nightmares sometimes.
True, but I usually manage to restrain myself from commenting!
(if I tried to correct all of them, my post count would be up in the 10,000's )
Nothing wrong with the odd typo, but I wince at some of the spelling and grammar - and worst of all; txt spk. I think it's a sign of the times though, I see similar mistakes eveywhere...must be because of suffering so long with Labour control of the education system. :wink:
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

GeoffN posted:
ian.birchall posted:
I despair at times at the spelling on the site, it cannot all be one finger typing errors. GeoffN must have nightmares sometimes.
Nothing wrong with the odd typo, but I wince at some of the spelling and grammar - and worst of all; txt spk. I think it's a sign of the times though, I see similar mistakes eveywhere...must be because of suffering so long with Labour control of the education system. :wink:
Sorry but to make comment on people’s grammar or spelling is rather pompous of you. Certain individuals could suffer from dyslexia or could just have bad English skills. I am sure you have some failures which these people don’t have. To have faults is to be human ! :eusa9:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

x Wigan Warrior x posted:
GeoffN posted:
ian.birchall posted:
Sorry but to make comment on people’s grammar or spelling is rather pompous of you. Certain individuals could suffer from dyslexia or could just have bad English skills. I am sure you have some failures which these people don’t have. To have faults is to be human ! :eusa9:

.......bit like the team then :wink:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

[
That's why, as I said, I very rarely do comment (on individual examples).
I simply said that it is a facet of today's society (not just on this, or any other, message board) that irritates me.
Just as much, no doubt, as I irritate a lot of people, on here and elsewhere.. :wink:
Holly4carney

Post by Holly4carney »

[I totally agree Dallas' try should have been allowed,but well I thought Brown deserves wigans' man of the match he played excellent, well done Kev! :exc:
x Wigan Warrior x

GeoffN posted:
[
That's why, as I said, I very rarely do comment (on individual examples).
I simply said that it is a facet of today's society (not just on this, or any other, message board) that irritates me.
Just as much, no doubt, as I irritate a lot of people, on here and elsewhere.. :wink:
Its life Geoff, but not as we know it !
:hehe:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Dyslexia is not a failure, bad choice of words there.

I think most of the mistakes on here are people not checking over their messages before pressing Post Message. I always check mine over because I want people to understand my point as well as possible.

Text speak makes me laugh, those that use it say it's faster than conventional English but it takes me about ten times the time to understand it.
x Wigan Warrior x

Please read my posts more clearly……I don’t want to get too involved but I never said dyslexia was a failure…..just want to point that out !

:eusa6:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Please read my posts more clearly……I don’t want to get too involved but I never said dyslexia was a failure…..just want to point that out !

:eusa6:
A definite implication though, perhaps bad use of English skills?