Hull v Wigan / Brilliant score by Burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Brilliant score by Burgess

Post by Kittwazzer »

Firestarter wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Firestarter wrote:God you have to love eddies obvious Wigan hatred."only half of a foot in touch".Oh give the try then haha you silly,sad excuse of a man.
Done good tonight considering we were playing against a very biased crowd and ref IMO.
Player only slightly offside so calls the ref a spoilsport, the guy is a bell end of the highest order
i think it was Phil Clarke who said spoilsport.......but I bet Eddie was thinking it
I thought the same actually. Off the cuff kick over the top is rarely seen these days. Deserved a try!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Hull v Wigan

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mike wrote:That Sam Powell is good. Future England hooker?
Credit where credit is due, I thought we were more effective when Powell was on the field. MM's passing has been untidy of late, maybe he needs a weeks rest. We still need to cut out the silly unenforced errors.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Hull v Wigan / Brilliant score by Burgess

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

curryman wrote:He has come on so much this season, we are really going to miss him.
Best winger in SL by a country mile. We made a big error not tying him down.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Re: Brilliant score by Burgess

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Firestarter wrote:God you have to love eddies obvious Wigan hatred."only half of a foot in touch".Oh give the try then haha you silly,sad excuse of a man.
Done good tonight considering we were playing against a very biased crowd and ref IMO.
Player only slightly offside so calls the ref a spoilsport, the guy is a bell end of the highest order
i think it was Phil Clarke who said spoilsport.......but I bet Eddie was thinking it
was it?, was in the middle of answering an email when i heard it, i'm sure he mentioned the player being slightly offside though
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Greetings from the Algarve Amigos!

I watched the match from a bar in Alvor with a Hull fan. The Hull fan was a nice chap but he left at half time and wished us well for the play offs :lol:

I thought we played really well tonight and hope we can keep it up for the rest of the season.

Gelling played well as did Williams but smith still didn't look "Wigan standard" to me.

It said on commentary Hampshire was injured - what's up?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Joel's taken some stick on here but I thought he was first rate tonight, into everything, tackled his heart out and strong going forward in attack (except for one bad pass inside). Made yards each time he took up the ball and hit hard in defence. I think the more he plays in the seconds the better and more consistent he'll be. We know he's not a centre and never will be, but was forced there because of the injuries in that area.
I don't go for Eddie's repeated missing of two players, how often have we been at least two players down this season ? And again tonight, in fact, had Bateman out of position for Sarginson. plus Hampshire and Moosop out. Injuries are just an excuse !
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Fine performance that didnt allow hull to play at all can only hope the team keeps up that level of performance in the next few weeks.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We're winning away, we're wining awaaaaayy

How bad must you be?

We're winning away!

Wigan fans singing tonight ???????????? :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:We're winning away, we're wining awaaaaayy

How bad must you be?

We're winning away!

Wigan fans singing tonight ???????????? :)
Not all Josie, one or two of the usual never happy bunnies are quiet for a change!

sc74

Post by sc74 »

Whelley Warrior wrote: Not all Josie, one or two of the usual never happy bunnies are quiet for a change!
Trolling again WW.

Apologies I didn't get my Leave Of Absence Form to you in time, but I'm back at work now. Didn't even realise it was Thursday yesterday, never mind Wigan playing. Thankfully remembered my boy's birthday though.

This job does that to you. Working 11 hours every day until 31 August, very much like Groundhog Day.
Hopefully that suffices the site's SUPER FAN, if you like I could get a letter from my boss.

Anyway, what a result, hopefully get the highlights on Wigan TV, if the internet is strong enough.

On a more serious note, I'd like to get in my end of season nomination for Super Fan Of The Year, early. Perhaps we could all chip-in and by a trophy/shield/medal for WW? Maybe also, a high-viz vest so that he can be easily identifiable at all grounds, training sessions, junior matches.