gelling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
formulamoto

gelling

Post by formulamoto »

thought gelling played great last night including the tackle of the game on powell!!!!
medlocke

Re: gelling

Post by medlocke »

Superstar in the making
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

For all his doubters, let's be honest he has had a great season except for the injury which resulted in a poor performance against Wire.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I'm still not 100% about him being a class centre but I have to admit he looked a lot more comfortable in the left centre slot.Defo his best performance and ,if he keeps it up I'll eat my words.
Just can't believe how long it takes SW to realise people's best positions.
Joel showed last night why he can never ever be a centre(with his poor passing,even as emergency)and I've been saying Batemans the best back up centre we've got.
SW should take into account who passes better off the right shoulder and vice versa.
Think mossop wasn't missed and lockers looks like he's way past his best
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Gelling whilst perhaps inconsistent has a touch of magic that separates him from many centres. The way he fed Budgie was reminiscent of Gene Miles.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

That's why he's gotta play left centre from now on.He wouldn't have done that pass left handed.Put sarge in the right centre as his left step very rarely breaks the line
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Firestarter wrote:I'm still not 100% about him being a class centre but I have to admit he looked a lot more comfortable in the left centre slot.Defo his best performance and ,if he keeps it up I'll eat my words.
Just can't believe how long it takes SW to realise people's best positions.
Joel showed last night why he can never ever be a centre(with his poor passing,even as emergency)and I've been saying Batemans the best back up centre we've got.
SW should take into account who passes better off the right shoulder and vice versa.
Think mossop wasn't missed and lockers looks like he's way past his best
I thought Lockers played well and back to the Lockers of old, I think it's unfair to expect him to be the player he used to be though, time and injuries caught up!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Would rather have him than Joel.Just think this has to be his last season.I like him when he runs the ball and not when he's trying to do all the halves jobs.
Would be good for him if he finished on a high
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:For all his doubters, let's be honest he has had a great season except for the injury which resulted in a poor performance against Wire.
If he was home-grown he would get the credit he deserves. Brain farts yes but this season has been as good as any SL centre. Pity he got injured and got back a week or 2 too soon.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Firestarter wrote:That's why he's gotta play left centre from now on.He wouldn't have done that pass left handed.Put sarge in the right centre as his left step very rarely breaks the line
Good call I think