BETTS OUT

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: BETTS OUT

Post by pedro »

Our eyes saw the game as it happened, we're a mid team table if you hadnt realised![/quote]

Why??

Last 4 years in the semi's or final then suddenly we are mid tabled. Find that a bit hard to swallow
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pedro posted:
Last 4 years in the semi's or final then suddenly we are mid tabled. Find that a bit hard to swallow
Weren't we mid-table when Raper got the boot? Weren't we struggling before Betts took over last year, after a defeat at WARRINGTON? Anything below top 2 is effectively mid-table with the way the play-offs work since 6th can beat easily 3rd in elimination rugby, and we've not been in the top 2 for a long time.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Strange how most of the criticism is coming from people who didn't see the game, or (even more incomprehensibly) left early. As MrsCarney says, we played well and were unlucky to lose (by a matter of inches, in the case of Newton's and Dallas's 'tries')
Our general ball handling was good, apart from Jerry's early knock-on, and we certainly weren't playing one-up rugby...the halves linked better than they have for ages. In fact, near the end we should have been playing it tighter, only 2 behind with 5 minutes to go - until Moran's wild pass.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pedro posted:
Our eyes saw the game as it happened,
No they didn't. Your ears did, and most people don't see well with their ears.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Well done!!!!

It was a quote that didnt come up with a bubble? Did you bother reading the earlier posts? Obviously not!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
pedro posted:
Our eyes saw the game as it happened,
No they didn't. Your ears did, and most people don't see well with their ears.
I've never seen a fraggle with ears, not for seeing nor for any other purpose...

:D
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

The Black Pearl posted:
Got to agree with we need a coach on this one. It's time for Betts to accept that although he was a great player he ain't a great or even average coach. We were up 22 to 12 and we still got beat. The fact of it is Denis' team are unable to kill games off. Bring in Mega Mouth Millward and you'll see the difference.
One thing about Milward wed never play one up. I agree we need a new head coach. Time for 2 names to go from the pay bill.

Mike Gregory and Andy Farrell. Even though we all know MG is never coming back. Faz should not have been near the squad today or any other day. He wants his cake and eat it. That is not fair on any other player or coach.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pedro posted:

Our eyes saw the game as it happened, we're a mid team table if you hadnt realised!
Why??

Last 4 years in the semi's or final then suddenly we are mid tabled. Find that a bit hard to swallow[/quote]

Were 12 points from top of the table and only 6 from the bottom. If 1 of the bottom sides pick up a couple of wins and we continue to lose then we could be in trouble.
pedro

Post by pedro »

thegimble posted:
The Black Pearl posted:
Got to agree with we need a coach on this one. It's time for Betts to accept that although he was a great player he ain't a great or even average coach. We were up 22 to 12 and we still got beat. The fact of it is Denis' team are unable to kill games off. Bring in Mega Mouth Millward and you'll see the difference.

One thing about Milward wed never play one up. I agree we need a new head coach. Time for 2 names to go from the pay bill.

Mike Gregory and Andy Farrell. Even though we all know MG is never coming back. Faz should not have been near the squad today or any other day. He wants his cake and eat it. That is not fair on any other player or coach.
They should play him till June and ruin him!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pedro posted:
thegimble posted:
The Black Pearl posted:

They should play him till June and ruin him!
That is a good point but youve put it in a manner youll get slated on here for.

Can you imagine going to work tomorrow telling your bosses your going to work for another company in 3 months time and then turn round and say to them oh by the way youre going to pay me until then and im going to do sod all for you bye.

Now in the real world what would your boss say. Faz has had the best of both worlds and that is wrong. He is either a Wigan player or a Saracen's player as it was repeorted in the media last week he was at Saracens handing out advice. The guy must go now and not be involved in any way with the club or as the post above said.

You should play him and he should run the risk of injury.