Cold Light of Day 2 !!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Re: Cold Light of Day 2 !!...

Post by we_need_a_coach »

waterside glens posted:
ever consider doing overtime ? like this fri night like the girl said lighten up :D
:( Same old response Waterside Glens, perhaps you hav'nt noticed, but we are well and truly in the sh*ite. We need some momentum, in 2 or 3 months time the Latics Pro Mo machine will be in full flight in this borough, we will be eclipsed if we are faltering out of the top 6.
Our press coverage has already been affected, we will suffer even more if Doris does'nt bove his ar*e into gear and SACK MG and Bets,, never mind bad press, it's as good as any other press, then we can get on with rebuilding.

Yesterday we played a Wolves team who where well below par, Briers (their inpiration) was missing, and yes we put in a little more effort, BUT WE LOST !!!!

It's you who needs a dose of reality mate !!!!!!!

:angry: :angry:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I'm sure there are many people who he takes pride in calling mate, and I bet you are not one of them! :wink:
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

so briers was missing .i should be so thankful after all we had a full strength team out.i can see the point you are trying to make and i agree with some of them but it,s the doom and gloomy manner i cann,t take surely you can see something possitive
The Diddy

Post by The Diddy »

Blimey folks, anyone would think we're a game from relegation, alright the team are'nt playing well, though yesterday was encouraging, remember we have a very young team, ok I know the saying, if they're good enough they're old enough, but they are young! and we've had a very bad run of injuries, it will be a big difference when we have a consistant team that have played together for a few games and know each others play and are, most importantly fully fit! Come on guys we need to be behind the team, being Wigan doesnt entitle us to a win, and the standards of superleague have risen dramatically this season. I am as of yet to decide on Bett's skills as a coach, but he did well last season when he took over from Greg, I like him to be given some more time, lets see what happens when we have a few games with the same team! If we did sack Bett's I think we shouldnt even consider Millward as replacement, as Saints wouldnt sack a coach of his calibre for no reason! Roll on fri, I'll see you all there!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

The Diddy posted:
Blimey folks, anyone would think we're a game from relegation, alright the team are'nt playing well, though yesterday was encouraging, remember we have a very young team, ok I know the saying, if they're good enough they're old enough, but they are young! and we've had a very bad run of injuries, it will be a big difference when we have a consistant team that have played together for a few games and know each others play and are, most importantly fully fit! Come on guys we need to be behind the team, being Wigan doesnt entitle us to a win, and the standards of superleague have risen dramatically this season. I am as of yet to decide on Bett's skills as a coach, but he did well last season when he took over from Greg, I like him to be given some more time, lets see what happens when we have a few games with the same team! If we did sack Bett's I think we shouldnt even consider Millward as replacement, as Saints wouldnt sack a coach of his calibre for no reason! Roll on fri, I'll see you all there!
:angry:
More apathy, you all make me sick, Rome is'nt burning, it's done to a crisp !!!!

We need action now !!!

:angry:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The Diddy posted:
Blimey folks, anyone would think we're a game from relegation, alright the team are'nt playing well, though yesterday was encouraging, remember we have a very young team,
No, only Allen, Melling, Hansen and Brown (who is experienced anyway) were "young" players in that game. The others are all over 21 and some have plenty of experience. This young team tag has gown old!
ok I know the saying, if they're good enough they're old enough, but they are young! and we've had a very bad run of injuries, it will be a big difference when we have a consistant team that have played together for a few games and know each others play and are, most importantly fully fit! Come on guys we need to be behind the team, being Wigan doesnt entitle us to a win, and the standards of superleague have risen dramatically this season.
SL isn't that great IMO. Not a patch on rhe NRL and at the same time our standards have slipped. We have gone backwards not stood still and the others caught up. If that were true we would be playing well not coming up with the UTC performance.

No one thinks we have a right to win everythng and I am sick of seeing it implied that some people think we have that right. No one thinks it and it is not why people are complaining about what we are being served up at the moment.
I am as of yet to decide on Bett's skills as a coach, but he did well last season when he took over from Greg, I like him to be given some more time, lets see what happens when we have a few games with the same team! If we did sack Betts I think we shouldnt even consider Millward as replacement, as Saints wouldnt sack a coach of his calibre for no reason!
I can't see Wigan going for Millward unless he is exhonerated in some way from his reported and alleged misdemenours.

Dave