recruitment

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
tommoore

recruitment

Post by tommoore »

Is it me or is all the other super league teams all making major signing and wigan are just sitting back. I no its not the end of the season yet but both Leeds and Warrington have both brought players in for the super 8s. I no we like using all the youth from the academy but we need some experience in the team, when lockers is out injured we lack a leader. Our salary can't be that bad surely.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: recruitment

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Do you still think the recruitment of Sandow for Wire for the Super 8's was a good bit of business?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
pieaterinLeigh

Post by pieaterinLeigh »

If we beat Leeds tomorrow that would put us second, we have a good mix of young players gaining experience and well blooded senior players. I'm not saying signing aGreg Inglis wouldn't be great.

Ignoring the Lenigan is too tight to spend argument obviously. At the same time is there a huge benefit to bringing outside players into an established squad unless there's a specific need in a position ie Stains at fullback?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

pieaterinLeigh wrote:If we beat Leeds tomorrow that would put us second, we have a good mix of young players gaining experience and well blooded senior players. I'm not saying signing aGreg Inglis wouldn't be great.

Ignoring the Lenigan is too tight to spend argument obviously. At the same time is there a huge benefit to bringing outside players into an established squad unless there's a specific need in a position ie Stains at fullback?
Are we not already 2nd irrespective of beating Leeds. If we lose and smelliest win we go back to third.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Do you still think the recruitment of Sandow for Wire for the Super 8's was a good bit of business?
Sandow will get better as the season goes on, he will settle in and become a good purchase & he kicks conversions
TrueBlueWarrior

ddtftf wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Do you still think the recruitment of Sandow for Wire for the Super 8's was a good bit of business?
Sandow will get better as the season goes on, he will settle in and become a good purchase & he kicks conversions
What season? It's over for them!! He also missed a very easy conversion last night that cost them the game and to be honest his overall play was poor so he can only get better!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
tommoore

Post by tommoore »

To be honest I do think bring in an outside player into the squad is a good idea but in the off season, when burgess leaves at the end of the season and charnley not signed a new contract yet only leaves us with on super league winger in dom. Sandow will become a great super league player if he's given a chance, some of his kicks were good last night
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
ddtftf wrote:
What season? It's over for them!! He also missed a very easy conversion last night that cost them the game and to be honest his overall play was poor so he can only get better!!
Better to wait till next week's match is over before commenting on Sandow I think?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
ddtftf wrote: Sandow will get better as the season goes on, he will settle in and become a good purchase & he kicks conversions
Better to wait till next week's match is over before commenting on Sandow I think?
Why? We are in the top 4 they will not be! This thread was about bringing in players to strengthen the squad for the Super 8's and clearly it has not worked for Wire. Whether Sandow plays well against us next week or next season is irrelevant, Wire have not achieved what they hoped Sandow would help them achieve, top 4!!
TrueBlueWarrior

tommoore wrote:To be honest I do think bring in an outside player into the squad is a good idea but in the off season, when burgess leaves at the end of the season and charnley not signed a new contract yet only leaves us with on super league winger in dom. Sandow will become a great super league player if he's given a chance, some of his kicks were good last night
That is not what you said in your opening post!