Betts to be replaced this week ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WTID

Re: Betts to be replaced t...

Post by WTID »

I have to agree with the time to go brigade. The simple facts are with basically the same troops on show our last 6 performances have been bottom half form. There is no sign of improvement. Good coaches get the best from average players. Maybe too much to soon for Dennis. Incidentally does anyone see David V as a world class signing I think not.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Now this is gonna get confusing when referring to Wigan_til_I_die as his abbreviation.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

xWiganwarriorx, Syd Hynes was never no 9 even if he was the first man sent off at Wembley.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
The Bruce

Post by The Bruce »

In my humble opinion Betts has to go from the top joband get Millward in. However, I don't blaim Betts totally, he was forced into the job a few years to early. Let him learn under someone like Millward then take the big chair. Our yougsters have done well and the U21 & U18 are playing fantasically. This season is going to be a long one, but the future is good.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:
x Wigan Warrior x posted:

What gives you the impression that he has lost the changing room? Have you asked the players? There could be lots of other influences on our team! The big one being DW total lack of interest in the club !
Must have seen him wandering around at half time asking people if they'd seen it
No, it's the away changing room he's lost - that's why UTC were getting changed on the pitch after their game.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

ian.birchall posted:
xWiganwarriorx, Syd Hynes was never no 9 even if he was the first man sent off at Wembley.
Thats my name! :roll:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
warriors

Post by warriors »

The problem is with Betts. He hasn't had that much experiance, thrown in the deep end. The elder players might think that, why are we being told what to do by a person that was on the same team.

Let's get Ian or some other person that is experianced, and let Betts learn, pick up ways that he learn from for when he is the couch, if it happens.

P.S. If we get Ian the saints fans will sing in a few months or when ever, one of are favorite songs.
O Ian Millward what can it be, to an old ausie ******* and a **** rugby teaaaammmmmm.

MrsLam: Please don't use offensive language [/i]
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

we can just replace Ian Millward with Danny Anderson, in our song its not a bad fit lol.
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

warriors posted:
The problem is with Betts. He hasn't had that much experiance, thrown in the deep end. The elder players might think that, why are we being told what to do by a person that was on the same team.
There aren't that many senior players left who played in the same team as Betts, are there? Rads, of course, and Newton but most of the rest are from the new generation. IIRC he retired at the end of the 2002 season and back then even Lockers was only getting the occasional game, he'd be seen as one of the senior players now.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
warriors posted:
There aren't that many senior players left who played in the same team as Betts, are there? Rads, of course, and Newton but most of the rest are from the new generation. IIRC he retired at the end of the 2002 season and back then even Lockers was only getting the occasional game, he'd be seen as one of the senior players now.
They might be the only two left but he has given the captaincy to one and then the other and it hasn't worked in either case IMO.

If a new coach came in I would hope he would re-assess the whole set up from the ground up, start with a clean sheet and appoint a new captain. This would be a lot easier to do if at the same time as the new coach arrived an established player and club captain were added to the squad such as this Fletcher chap we have been linked with.

We are not only leaderless off the pitch!

If we don't get a new player I'd give to Orr or Moran anyway in an attempt to get them to dictate the play more. If either of them were in charge I reckon they would play better than they are doing as they would be able to play more of their own type of game.

Dave