Ian Lenagan makes me laugh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Ian Lenagan makes me laugh

Post by ddtftf »

Just watched him on the panel of a RL show, where he says that we need to promote the game like the RU do to get a higher profile of our game.

The show was filmed in the back room of a PUB enough said, oh and boots and all is now broadcast from a café with people making coffee and selling crisps while they are talking.

The RU must be laughing their socks off at the way we are trying to raise our profile, next year it could be broadcast from the toilets.

The NRL has a 2 hr show every week with a live audience and special features, so Mr Lenagan do not say that we need to raise our profile when our governing body portrays us as second class game. And by the way get the ex Bradford Northern promoter as he raised the Bradford crowds to 15,000
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Ian Lenagan makes me laugh

Post by Mike »

Boots n all has been cancelled next season.

IL consistently tries to hold the RFL and SL to account but needs all the SL chairmen's support to have an impact. Some clubs are too short-termist to give a damn about the next 10 years, let alone think strategically about the next 25.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

ddtftf wrote: And by the way get the ex Bradford Northern promoter as he raised the Bradford crowds to 15,000
:eusa17: :eusa17:

No he did not!!!!!!!

Stop with this continuation of the myth that Bradford Northern or Bradford Bulls or whatever you want to call them got 15,000 paying customers through their turnstyles

Figures did not and never matched up when attendances and gate receipts were investigated. Coupled with the clubs poor decision to sign Harris and it was no wonder they ended up going bust

Yes, some of the promotion and gimmicks were something to behold but they spent far more money than they ever had coming in, a sure fire road to financial ruin the game does not need any more help into following
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bull(shit)mania :lol:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

butt monkey wrote:
ddtftf wrote: And by the way get the ex Bradford Northern promoter as he raised the Bradford crowds to 15,000
:eusa17: :eusa17:

No he did not!!!!!!!

Stop with this continuation of the myth that Bradford Northern or Bradford Bulls or whatever you want to call them got 15,000 paying customers through their turnstyles

Figures did not and never matched up when attendances and gate receipts were investigated. Coupled with the clubs poor decision to sign Harris and it was no wonder they ended up going bust

Yes, some of the promotion and gimmicks were something to behold but they spent far more money than they ever had coming in, a sure fire road to financial ruin the game does not need any more help into following

I was talking about the events that were put on to attract the younger generation to watch the games, and with the kids come the adults, adding new spectators. But this is distracting from the point that we broadcast our shows from Pubs and Cafes which does nothing from our image.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Why would they inflate their gate totals to higher than they were as this means the club would pay the inland revenue on the gate receipts ?. It doesn't make sense, I still have lots of copies from Micron Video of the old Bradford games and looking at them there is evidence that the figures may be true.
markill

Post by markill »

In the early noughties Odsal being full was a common sight. Maybe only for Wigan, Saints and Leeds, but that the same for almost everyone.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I am sure that in the last 2 weeks they had a crowd of 11000 for a game, so it means that the crowd base is still there.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The highest average attendance of the club in Super League was 15,159 in 1997 and the fortunes of the club all started to go downhill when Peter Hook took over as Chairman and led to Brian Noble leaving in 2006 as a result of not getting on with him.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

ddtftf wrote:I was talking about the events that were put on to attract the younger generation to watch the games, and with the kids come the adults, adding new spectators. But this is distracting from the point that we broadcast our shows from Pubs and Cafes which does nothing from our image.
Surely this is the point Lenegan is making, that the promotion of our game and the image we portray is not good enough?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS