Anderson takes over at Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Anderson takes over at Saints

Post by Matthew »

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
we_need_a_coach

Re: Anderson takes over at Sai...

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:(
For all of their 'trouble & strife' Saints certainly get things sorted quickly.
Unlike Wigan, who let things drag on season in, season out !!!!!

:( :(
mrs_carney

Re: Anderson takes over at...

Post by mrs_carney »

we_need_a_coach posted:

I'm beginning to feel like you now, repetetive and boring!!!!!!!
Wigan cannot appoint a new coach as mike gregory is still officially our coach, rugby league has been popular in the press twice recently both times not for the right things, the betting scandal and the situation surrounding millward, what we dont need is wigan getting loads of bad press by sacking their ill coach, this is not what the game or the club needs, the best they could do last year was appoint betts as head coach and bring farrar in to assist, as we well know betts is out of contract soon and it is more than likely we will get a new coach, but at the moment we can do nothing about new coaches or new players, learn to live with it, the rest of us seem to be able to!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mrs_carney posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:

Bloomin Heck Mrs Carney its only now you realise how boring this guy or lady is.
Hes been boring me for months now.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

No its only now i've decided to repeat myself to him/her yet again, not that they'll listen just comment on how i'm being blind to what is happening to our club and ignoring the fact we're all doomed, but we can wait in hope (or stupidity) that he'll/she'll realise soon enough!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Exactly Mrs Carney.

You don't seem to care about and bad reputation that may come with sacking an ill person, if you were seriously ill would you just leave the job without payment for the rest of the year and therefore no income for your family? I very much doubt it, until he is paid off or stands down we can't get a replacement the best we can do is employ someone to be like an understudy to Betts or sack Betts and Farrar step up. I don't think either of these options would work to be quite honest.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

MrsLam posted:
Exactly Mrs Carney.

You don't seem to care about and bad reputation that may come with sacking an ill person, if you were seriously ill would you just leave the job without payment for the rest of the year and therefore no income for your family? I very much doubt it, until he is paid off or stands down we can't get a replacement the best we can do is employ someone to be like an understudy to Betts or sack Betts and Farrar step up. I don't think either of these options would work to be quite honest.
I agree thats why i still think that Chris Anderson will take over by mid Summer if not sooner and Denis will be assistant. Id question whether this guy or lady wants a new Coach or has a vendetta against Betts. Maybe he refused to sign an autograph or did not have his picture taken with him.

I feel Betts is not ready to be a head coach he did a good job last season but had a decent squad. Brining in Milward will only take us back a bigger step if he decideds to bring in his backroom staff. Unlike CA who would most propably stick with who is there now.

As his old staff are still in Gwent Dragons.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i would take chris anderson everytime but i think millie is a good option if chris does come. millie with betts as assitant would be a good team and it would give dennis a different perspective of the game and improve him as a coach
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Why on earth can't they just pay mike's contract up ?
he will not be coming back to coach wigan as reports say he is to ill, Mike would be happy with the lump sum i'm sure,
that would then in turn free up the position of coach
but i just can't see wigan signing anyone yet, chris anderson has been a free agent for the last few weeks and daniel anderson went to saints in no time at all, if wigan were desperate to sign a new coach would'nt they have signed one of these guys, why sign ian millward just because he has become available??,
if wnac is right (wich i doubt) it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

We may need a new coach but the situation has been exacerbatted by MG illness. Why would you want to risk the same again by employing a man with a history of heart trouble.

The way we are playing at the moment Chris Anderson wouldn't last 2 weeks!