Burgess to play centre

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Burgess to play centre

Post by ddtftf »

He has been practising all week in the centre at training.
bomhead

Re: Burgess to play centre

Post by bomhead »

hahahha this is going to blow peoples minds on here

I think he would make an awesome centre
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

didn't he play centre in preseason and was shocking?

if this is true though it does make me happy, it means that Manfredi and Charnley are both being rewarded for preforming well.

to be dropped instantly for burgess (although we all could see why) could easily damage the confidence of the winger dropped. especially as both have been playing well.

but on a good note with Burgess ability to pass the ball at the exact right point he may do well at centre
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Bateman is playing out wide to replace Farrell
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

so not really what the headline says is it? OK he's practicing at centre does not mean he is playing at centre. I'm sure the likes of Gelling have played on the wing in practice as it makes perfect sense to cover positions
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think Bateman and gildart did really well against wire and should stay in the centre positions for me.theres plenty forward cover for faz.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do find it off that somebody is repeatedly giving you good information and many people seem to almost want him to look bad. Hint of red eyed monster from some not all IMO.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Burgess played at centre and fullback in his academy days. Charnley also played at centre, and I think Manfredi played at stand off or loose forward, so it could add a bit of pace into the backline.
markill

Post by markill »

Burgess played a little bit of centre in a couple of preseason games. He didn't look that comfortable.

I assume this means Gelling isn't fit to return? Because the sensible option is Gelling in for Farrell and Bateman to left second row.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

Caboosegg wrote:didn't he play centre in preseason and was shocking?

if this is true though it does make me happy, it means that Manfredi and Charnley are both being rewarded for preforming well.

to be dropped instantly for burgess (although we all could see why) could easily damage the confidence of the winger dropped. especially as both have been playing well.

but on a good note with Burgess ability to pass the ball at the exact right point he may do well at centre
I agree