Orford&Gleason or Moran&Vaelaeki

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Orford&Gleason or Moran&Vaelaeki

Post by ian.birchall »

Think I just might have to transfer allegiance to the Wire, obviously a forward moving club with the quality of these signings, perhaps they can tell us how they manage to pat orford Farrellesque salary levels and still stay below the salary cap
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Doveoverdave

Re: Orford&Gleason or Mora...

Post by Doveoverdave »

A few years ago all the same questions were asked about Wigan and the cap. We played to the letter of the law, as regards interpretation etc.

Other clubs have learned this Wolves, Rhinos etc. but once again Wigan have been in reverse as far as innovative thinking goes.

The club is in utter shambles and couldn't run a tombola stall :angry:
ian.birchall

Re: Orford&Gleason or ...

Post by ian.birchall »

DoD, was that when we paid Steve Renouf £19995 but JJB paid Mrs Renouf £120k as a marketing executive?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Doveoverdave

Re: Orford&Gleason or ...

Post by Doveoverdave »

Possibly I really do not know nor care.
As long as you abide by the law (if not the spirit of the law)all is fine by me.

Leeds managed to sign Lauititi, under the pretence that they SAVED 75k in bonuses payments due to their EARLY exit from last years challenge cup. Later they wanted Harris to sign (and threartened to go to court if he didn't) when he returned from union in the same season.

Big name players wanting big money and Leeds could afford both mid-season and still comply with the cap.
Go figure.