An evening with Brett Kenny

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
JUKESAYS

An evening with Brett Kenny

Post by JUKESAYS »

Saturday 3rd October 2015 at Wigan CC
Hi Everyone
Been asked to post a link to this event, hope that's ok and it's for a worthwhile cause! (Although the Spring View Evening with Barrie & Terrie will be much better but it's sold out! :wink: )
http://us11.forward-to-friend.com/forwa ... 2a348bd966

It’s 30 years since Wigan Rugby League beat Hull FC 28-24 in what some still regard as the finest Challenge Cup Final. That day, both sides were star studded but one man stood out and became a folk hero in Wigan. This RL legend was Brett Kenny who, not only was part of that Challenge Cup winning side in 1985 and as Man of the Match won the Lance Todd Trophy, he also won the coveted Golden Boot Award as the World’s best player. It is with great pleasure that I’m pleased to announce that Wigan Sports Club has secured an evening with Brett and that’s not all, on the Hull FC side was a young up and coming future winner of the Golden Boot Award in Gary Scholfield who will also be joining us to provide what I’m sure will be a memorable evening.
Tickets are now on sale at the club priced £20 which includes a meal. For more information and to secure your tickets online please visit http://unbouncepages.com/wigan-sports-c ... boot-tour/ alternatively, please contact Judith on 01942 241581 or see the staff in the members’ bar at the Club.

Regards
Mark Cullen
Wigan CC Chairman
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Re: An evening with Brett Kenny

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

i work at the premier inn at Whitehaven, he and Garry Schofield are staying here tonight and i am on night shift
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

A legend indeed and if Hull had won his mate from Parramatta viz Peter Sterling my mom should have got LT trophy. Another legend
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Slim Jim wrote:A legend indeed and if Hull had won his mate from Parramatta viz Peter Sterling my mom should have got LT trophy. Another legend
I agree with you, but for me Sterling was the man of the match that day anyway.

Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Wigan Watcher wrote:
Slim Jim wrote:A legend indeed and if Hull had won his mate from Parramatta viz Peter Sterling my mom should have got LT trophy. Another legend

Yes I agree with that but chickened out of saying it has sccimctly as you have. I was at Wembley for the game and will be ever greatful of seeing arguably two of the best RL players of that era. Happy memories :D
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

It should have been a joint award like 1965!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Slim Jim wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:

Yes I agree with that but chickened out of saying it has sccimctly as you have. I was at Wembley for the game and will be ever greatful of seeing arguably two of the best RL players of that era. Happy memories :D
I agree Slim,,I was there but stood at the wrong end of the ground. I went down without a ticket and bought one outside the ground. I stood with the Hull fans in my cherry & white. They were great with me and I saw Ferguson go in the corner right in front of me.... Magic