wigan sign fletcher

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: wigan sign fletcher

Post by ian.birchall »

JIMH posted:
at least this aussie signing isnt injured unlike 2 of our big signings for this season, both Davico and Vaealiki were on the long term injury list when we signed them lastyear.
Not yet, give him time
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Fraggle posted:

Does it matter how old he is? Furner retired at about 35, Jason Smith was 37 or some such thing. There's no rule that says players suddenly become rubbish once they pass 33 years old.
No Furner wasn't. Maurice got rid because he was 30 going on 31 suggesting he was too old, yes he played well for Leeds in Year 1 but in his second year he missed more games than he played with injury. Regretfully it is a young mans game, the future, if we want one is to sign top oversease players in their prime at 27/28, If Leeds Bulls and Wire can do it, why can't we?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall posted:
perhaps the Wire are the future after all :(
Have you seen the age of their first choice front row and second row? It is 32,26,30,30,30 and by the time Fletcher gets here at age 32 they will all be a year older.

The majority of their squad is is also 25 or older.

Dave
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
ian.birchall posted:
Have you seen the age of their first choice front row and second row? It is 32,26,30,30,30 and by the time Fletcher gets here at age 32 they will all be a year older.

Dave
There is indeed some irony in Warrington being seen as the future. It's not so long ago they had Mark Forster playing for them aged 96, and Darren Burns was another recent antique who they struggled to find a position for because he ended up too slow to play anywhere.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Moving on a little, that now fills our overseas quota for next year, assuming Moran and Dallas stay.

Who's off contract this year from other SL clubs, (or other European islands like Samoa)?
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

DaveO posted:
ian.birchall posted:

Dave
IMO you are all very sad, easily pleased people, if we carry on in our current vein I'm afraid we will end up in the bottom 6 more often than not, it's about time Doris was shown the door (but no chance of that now DW is'nt going to sell), and Betts was shunted out before he does any more damage !!!!!

Wheres Millward ????

:( :(
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Dawber posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
Dawber posted:
Just been confirmed on teletext that wigan have signed south sydney skipper Brian Fletcher on a two year deal, Whooooooooooo Hoooooooooooo !
what a great signing for the club, he turned down a new deal at souths as he fancied a new challenge with wigan well done mo
:conf:
Don't get carried away, yes he has been a good player in Australia, but is this Doris doing his normal PR stunt when thigs are not going well.

Fletcher will only come to us in 2006, he is currently 31, which means by the time he arrives in Wigan he will be 32, and by the time his contract expires he will be almost 35.

This looks like another signing of an over the hill Australian, just coming over for an easy ride into retirement, comments please.

We need players, but not anymore ageing Aussies PLEASE !!!!!!!

When will you be happy? you moan when they don't do anything then moan when they do ?? i just can't weigh you up what is your problem? what must it be like sitting next to you during a game ? i would be up for murder if i sat next to you m8y,
I believe fletcher is a superb signing, but hey that is only my opinion
He will never be happy. Even if we won everything he would find things to moan about.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
ian.birchall posted:

Dave
Best prop in the SL last season was Craig Smith and he was over 30.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

we_need_a_coach posted:
DaveO posted:
ian.birchall posted:

Dave
IMO you are all very sad, easily pleased people, if we carry on in our current vein I'm afraid we will end up in the bottom 6 more often than not, it's about time Doris was shown the door (but no chance of that now DW is'nt going to sell), and Betts was shunted out before he does any more damage !!!!!

Wheres Millward ????

you are so contradictory, last week being sold was the worst thing that could happen to us and dave whelan simply didnt care about us any more so was selling us off. for gods sake read your own previous posts before you make a (bigger) fool of yourself! Its the not the fact we are easily pleased its the fact we know denis is a magician who can make everything all right with the wave of a wand, hes doing the best he can witht he team he's got, just give him a break for gods sake.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It's the troll theory again!
Ignore and we will all reap the rewards!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!