wigan sign fletcher

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: wigan sign fletcher

Post by mrs_carney »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:(
We will have to await the outcome of this one, but I still say a 32 year old 'New recruit' is not the way forward, no matter who it is !!!!!

The same thing applies to Farrell and RU, if he plays for England, I.m an Australian !!!!!

:bore:
So RU have paid big money for him to only play for the saracens? I think not. Hope you enjoy being an australian it might teach you to smile, yes s-m-i-l-e try it sometime
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mrs_carney posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
We will have to await the outcome of this one, but I still say a 32 year old 'New recruit' is not the way forward, no matter who it is !!!!!

The same thing applies to Farrell and RU, if he plays for England, I.m an Australian !!!!!

So RU have paid big money for him to only play for the saracens? I think not. Hope you enjoy being an australian it might teach you to smile, yes s-m-i-l-e try it sometime
But the thought of him standing in any Aussie team stadium and slagging off their team.... :D
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Is a thought which must be treasured! :lol:
Infact why doesnt he go and tell all the guys at the roosters that they are rubbish and couldnt beat an egg :roll: would be "interesting"
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I'm happy bout this signing. Bit of experience for our young lads, I think Fletcher looks promising.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
The guy has evrything we need. It is precisely because he has been there and done that that he will be an asset to us at this stage in our team's development. I am v pleased.
Spot on E W. :D
He also said in the Indy that he was impressed by our team building plans. It was news to me that we had any - good news that is...
Me either but I supose he could be referring to the youth side of things and if he is then great, he might help out.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mrs_carney posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:

RU didn't pay big money for Henry Paul only for him to play for Gloucester either. He was tried and he failed and it should have been much easier for him than for Farrell. It's by no means certain that Farrell will become an England regular, though I'm certain they will try him, as they did Paul.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO posted:
ian.birchall posted:
perhaps the Wire are the future after all :(
Have you seen the age of their first choice front row and second row? It is 32,26,30,30,30 and by the time Fletcher gets here at age 32 they will all be a year older.

The majority of their squad is is also 25 or older.

Dave

DaveO , rearrange these worlds in order,
cheek,
in,
Tongue,

there is a clue in the capitalisation. Nevertheless the question needs to be asked why the Wire, Bulls and Leeds always sign new players in their 20's but Wigan sign players when into their 30's
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.