wnac v wnas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: wnac v wnas

Post by MrsLam »

It does actually DaveO! I might mention it to my lecturers see if they have heard of it, never know it might help me in a future exam if I understand the history of the subject. Might even have an exam on abbreviations like we did the other day, only this time I will have revised properly :angry:
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I cant believe there are actually people like that out there Geoff! How sad they must be, and thinking back I actually have met someone like that.
I was on an anonymous username with no profile no links to my email address no information about me at all and an American lad came into the games chat room and started insulting my family and my (at the time) non existent boyfriend. I don't really get wound up easily so I laughed at him and then ignored him carrying on with my other conversation.
"Loserrr"
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrsLam posted:
It does actually DaveO! I might mention it to my lecturers see if they have heard of it, never know it might help me in a future exam if I understand the history of the subject. Might even have an exam on abbreviations like we did the other day, only this time I will have revised properly :angry:
I'd be interested to know if your lecturers know about it! Usenet seems like a little known backwater of the Internet these days despite the number of people who do use it.

Usenet is very true to the original aims of the internet in a free speech sort of way. Lots of the newsgroups are un-moderated and there are some rather dubious "binary" news groups where people exchange all sorts of attachments and were doing so long before file sharing programs hit the headlines. There are ligitimate binary groups as well of course but some of the others are best avoided!

By the way, I did a course on Web Design and Management last year with the Open University (I get the courses free as I am an associate lecturer for them in my spare time!) so I can sympathise with the abbreviation exam :roll:

Dave
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
I'd be interested to know if your lecturers know about it! Usenet seems like a little known backwater of the Internet these days despite the number of people who do use it.
I was a bit disappointed when I moved into University accommodation for my job and had to use the University networks for news and mail. The number of Usenet groups I could access was very minimal compared to what I'd been used to with my ISP. Thankfully some of the groups are archived on the web, so you can get to them via Google, but it's something I miss.

I have vague memories of joining in a couple of discussions with a certain DaveO on rec.sports.rugby.league back in about 2000...!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
I have vague memories of joining in a couple of discussions with a certain DaveO on rec.sports.rugby.league back in about 2000...!
I wonder who that could have been !

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Haven't been in there for years! It started to get a bit boring, with about 5 or 6 regular posters, and we always knew what they were going to say before they said it!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:(
Sorry to seem a prude on this subject, but what on earth are you all talking about ?????

:sly:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
and we always knew what they were going to say before they said it!
I didn't realise wnac was a usenet veteran as well !

I gave up due to the trolling getting boring which of course according to the guide you posted a link to that as not the thing to do (give up I mean)!

I have a look occaisionally but rarely post.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:(
Sorry to seem a prude on this subject, but what on earth are you all talking about ?????
Usenet.

Dave
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Carneys angel posted:
we need a coach and a stadium we need to stop you too moaning if indeed you are two people.

maybe wnac is sad enough to use another name so it looks like people actually agree with him? :lol:
So its not just me who thinks he is doing this.