next two games

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

next two games

Post by waterside glens »

the next two games are massive for us . two wins and we,ll get a little breathing space and be able to relax and play more open rugby. this would also help drop our number of handling errors as it should take away a bit of pressure . so lets get behind the team from the off and let them know they have all our support. for our less possitive supporters get down early and have a few pints and go and enjoy the game .ps if any of you are in the red robin before the game and hear a belfast accent come over for a chat ,you never know i might even buy you a beer. WIGAN,WIGAN,WIGAN
davewarrior

WIGAN TILL I DIE AND BEYOND

Post by davewarrior »

I agree we should all get behind our team. We know that we arn't as tsrong as a few tears ago, but that can only be put down to poor salary cap management, and not all the blame can go to the lads on the park. :eusa3: WIGAN WIGAN WIGAN :eusa3:
heydude

Re: WIGAN TILL I DIE AND BEYON...

Post by heydude »

here here :D oh and bu**er off mr birchall before you put your usual saying after this. :lol:
don't eat yellow snow
we_need_a_coach

Re: WIGAN TILL I DIE AND B...

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:(
Unfortunately if we do win, and it's a big IF, the current coaching staff will remain in place, I don't think retaining Betts anylonger is doing the Warriors or him any good.

WE_NEED_A_COACH !!!!

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I've predicted the last 5 correctly which is something the positive brigade haven't done. I missed last week but from what I gather we could have won so must have improved. I think we will have a win Friday and will win 3 from the next 4. Unfortunately, this will do little more than consolidate our upper mid table status and will probably see us on the downturn again as the Cup game approaches.

Have you all missed me?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doug,

Going on hols is fine but you don't half have a lot of catching up to do on here when you get back!!

I don't know where my optimism comes from but I feel we are going to turn things round to some extent. The squad now is as good as it gets and if we have a situation where Beswick, Allen, Colbon and Melling can't get in the 17 then I can't ask for more. Let's face it, the 17 picks itself, albeit with poor options at half back. Hopefully Betts can get some decent performances out of this lot - on paper we should easily beat Huddersfield but as we know the gane isn't played on paper.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Doug,

Going on hols is fine but you don't half have a lot of catching up to do on here when you get back!!

I don't know where my optimism comes from but I feel we are going to turn things round to some extent. The squad now is as good as it gets and if we have a situation where Beswick, Allen, Colbon and Melling can't get in the 17 then I can't ask for more. Let's face it, the 17 picks itself, albeit with poor options at half back. Hopefully Betts can get some decent performances out of this lot - on paper we should easily beat Huddersfield but as we know the gane isn't played on paper.
You've changed your tune :) been partaking in the "coffee" in Amsterdam :wink:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Bookies have us anything from 9.5 to 14 points better than Huddersield - think I agree with the latter.

dod, my optimism comes from the fact that if I was picking our very best available team then this is it!! If we can't do the business tomorrow with the talent available (we won't get any stronger than this!!) Betts is out, whether anyone thinks it's his fault or not.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Yep big game tomorrow night. I'm well up for it! Got my ticket here with me now, so excited.

Come on Wigan!
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

we_need_a_coach posted:
Unfortunately if we do win, and it's a big IF, the current coaching staff will remain in place, I don't think retaining Betts anylonger is doing the Warriors or him any good.

WE_NEED_A_COACH !!!!

:eusa11:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing