Gelling sacked/suspended

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
WiganWarrior

Gelling sacked/suspended

Post by WiganWarrior »

Rumours started around about issues with Gelling, anyone heard anything?
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
doc

Re: Gelling sacked/suspended

Post by doc »

Surprising if true given that he has just signed a new contract. Probably people putting 2 + 2 together and coming up with 5 after the signing of Isa.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He was training with them yesterday & when the team were introduced to Isa!!

Can't see it myself!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Did that come from a Saints fan?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I don't know anything about this rumour, but i think its probably people taking the fact that he's been dropped to its logical conclusion.

The offload against Saints looks like the end of his season. its very rare to see a coach withdraw a player immediately after that sort of error, so I would suspect that he was given specific instructions not to do anything like that and now SW is anonyed he couldn't take that on board. But I'm guessing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Maybe it's a way of making room for Hurrell :conf:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:He was training with them yesterday & when the team were introduced to Isa!!

Can't see it myself!!
Neither can I, seeing the way he welcomed Isa.

And why anyone should thinki that Gelling was withdrawn because of a mistake when in fact it was more than likely to do with a even worse mistake of playing him when not fully fit is ridiculous.

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:He was training with them yesterday & when the team were introduced to Isa!!

Can't see it myself!!
Neither can I, seeing the way he welcomed Isa.

And why anyone should thinki that Gelling was withdrawn because of a mistake when in fact it was more than likely to do with a even worse mistake of playing him when not fully fit is ridiculous.

That stupid offload is nothing to do with being match fit or not. He threw a stupid offload in our own 20 againt St Helens in a match we hadn't won and was very important...Wane took him off immedietly after that so I think that was the reason he took him off.

He wasn't fully match fit but I assume with him starting in 2nd row it is because of the wild offloads he made against Hull. Which he then want and did again against Wane's instruction I believe.

To bring him back in a match we were trying to win the league, a semi or a final is not advisable consdering Gildart and Bateman are doing ok.
He is a match winner though and we do look weak in the centres without him as he offers something none of our other players do.

I don't think Wane wants to risk him being included and sees us being able to win without him.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
markill

Post by markill »

So this is just a case of locking up our most unpredictable attacking threat because he is also a risk taker - and 2+2+5? Or has anyone got any actual substance on it? It a rumour getting widely repeated without so much as innuendo on what may or may not have prompted anything.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

His dropping from the squad after the Saints game and leaving Bowen in there is odd to put it mildly.
Bowen gifted Saints 12 points out of the 18 they needed to win the game, Gelling came up with a very daft offload in our ten.

If Gelling is at the game tonight we can deduce that he's still at the club and not suspended nor sacked.
If he's not there - well........