Saints in the WCC, playing Roosters.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Saints in the WCC, playing Roosters.

Post by cpwigan »

Saints To Face Roosters In 2016 World Club Series

Saints will face NRL Minor Premiers Sydney Roosters in the 2016 World Club Series.

The game will take place at Langtree Park on Friday February 19th at 8:00pm – celebrating the 40th anniversary of the inaugural World Club Challenge involving both teams.

North Queensland Cowboys and the winners of the Grand Final – Leeds or Wigan – will fight for the World Club Challenge (Sunday February 21) with the runners up hosting Brisbane Broncos on Saturday February 20.

“The Saints and Roosters matchup is going to be a phenomenal evening at Langtree Park and it will be a great game between two great and historic clubs to launch the 2016 World Club Series,” Saints Chairman Eamonn McManus said. “We are under no illusions as to the strength and quality of the opposition and will be giving everything to represent proudly our club, our town and our own Super League competition against the cream of the NRL.

“Rugby League fans around the world have a great deal to look forward to over the months ahead. The World Club Series will get bigger and bigger year on year and is already establishing itself as a leading event in the strengthening international rugby league calendar.”

As Leeds Rhinos claimed two of three possible qualification positions the Super League Board decided to invite the current champions to take part in the Series on the basis they reached both the Super League semi-final and Challenge Cup semi-final in the 2015 season, have a strong history in the World Club Challenge and will add value to the 2016 tournament.

Super League General Manager Blake Solly added: “The 2015 World Club Series delivered everything we had hoped for and more, but I believe that the 2016 Series can go one step further providing even more enthralling and exciting entertainment with bigger crowds and increased interest around the world.

“It’s fantastic that we can confirm the six clubs who will take part in the World Club Series and welcoming 2015's best NRL clubs will add further excitement and credibility to the Series. The NRL have just experienced a wonderful finals series, and our clubs can't wait to test their opponents next February. I strongly believe that every Rugby League fan and sports fan will be looking forward to the competition.

“Once again not only will the World Club Series pitch club against club but Super League against NRL in what is sure to be a thrilling weekend of sport and entertainment.”

Andrew Hill, the NRL’s General Manager League Integration and Development said: “It is testament to the standing of the World Club Series that the three best teams from the 2015 NRL season will contest it. Last season was a great start to the expanded series but in 2016 we will have the Premiers, and Runners-Up and the Minor Premiers, meaning next year’s tournament will truly be for the best of the best.”

The Club will announce ticket details for the game in the next few weeks with tickets for the 2016 World Club Series going on sale on Monday 9th November. 2016 Members will have an extensive priority to secure their place for the game.
josie andrews

Re: Saints in the WCC, playing Roosters.

Post by josie andrews »

Where is the link for the quote article?

I've found this;

https://mobile.twitter.com/SuperLeague/ ... 7569853440

This;

http://superleague.co.uk/article/33177/ ... 2016-world

And this;

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/33 ... 2016-world

Not sure which one belongs to your post :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I like the spin the SL put on this. Basically the actual 3rd place team can't afford to play so we give it to the fourth placed team. Then we say they've been selected for contributions to the competition.

Sometime I don't understand why they just don't come out and tell it like it is. There's no shame in it, its just a fact.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Josie it came direct from Saints. I once bought tickets for a Derby and I am on their mailing list or it could be from having subscribed to their you tube video channel.

Saints To Face Roosters In The 2016 World Club Series‏
Saints To Face Roosters In The 2016 World Club Series
St.Helens R.F.C.
08/10/2015
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
Newsletters
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
noreply@saintsrlfc.com
Your Latest Saints News
www.saintsrlfc.com
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

another thrashing for the part time scousers

Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Josie it came direct from Saints. I once bought tickets for a Derby and I am on their mailing list or it could be from having subscribed to their you tube video channel.

St.Helens R.F.C.
08/10/2015
Newsletters
noreply@saintsrlfc.com
Your Latest Saints News
www.saintsrlfc.com
Oh right!! So you're a closet Saints supporter :wink: :lol:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:Josie it came direct from Saints. I once bought tickets for a Derby and I am on their mailing list or it could be from having subscribed to their you tube video channel.

St.Helens R.F.C.
08/10/2015
Newsletters
noreply@saintsrlfc.com
Your Latest Saints News
www.saintsrlfc.com
Now we know once you say just the once. Agent Milward managed Saints at one time. MMMM and look how that worked out. They are infiltrating us attempting to destabilise us by nefarious means

AgentCP Has been activated to cause chaos on forums and spread food poison in the pies. If there is mass throwing up tomorrow from the North East section we know AgentCP was successful.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:

St.Helens R.F.C.
08/10/2015
Newsletters
noreply@saintsrlfc.com
Your Latest Saints News
www.saintsrlfc.com
I knew somebody would find out sooner or later :wink:

Just a sad git really; I have signed up for Hull KR and Leeds Rhinos too. Possibly Wire. Lest I forget, I subscribed to Leigh Centurions TV too :blush:
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

St.Helens R.F.C.
08/10/2015
Newsletters
noreply@saintsrlfc.com
Your Latest Saints News
www.saintsrlfc.com
I knew somebody would find out sooner or later :wink:

Just a sad git really; I have signed up for Hull KR and Leeds Rhinos too. Possibly Wire. Lest I forget, I subscribed to Leigh Centurions TV too :blush:
I got WCC tickets from Saints this year and now I'm on their mailing list too. And Bradford's from getting them for a mate's stag do.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

To be honest, I too am on Saints database & Warrington, Salford, Hull FC, Manchester United & the RFL's :lol: