Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Friday

Post by jinkin jimmy »

MrsLam posted:
Doug Stand posted:
The Bradform game away summed Wild up for me.
In the second half he made a superb break, great dummy and feet and shot down the right. It was fantastic to watch...then he throw the ball away.
Not 2 minutes later he was back defending and snapped up a loose ball at a critical moment. Ran 15 yards and knocked on.

This year he is doing the sublime but he's alos doing the ridiculous.

He'll be OK when he calms down though and stops the school boy errors.
I agree there Doug_stand which is why I wouldn't leave him out of the team. He has a chance to prove himself in both the Wigan and GB team and I would love to see him do well.
At least we now have some options in the pack. Will look pretty good next year with Fletcher, Hock, Lockers and hopefully another prop on board. Wish I could say the same at half back!!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

From behind the sticks week 14 on the wigan website :
"The Giants have class all over the field most notably in the shape of Chris Thorman. I really do rate this guy and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the Warriors side one day"
Do they know something that we dont?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrsLam posted:
I think Wild has come on a lot this season. He's made quite a few breaks but there are still silly mistakes made when the line is front of him, he panics and passes out and it becomes either a knock on or an intercept. Such a shame, I like him though think he's got good potential
Wilde was an instant favourite with me when he broke on the scene a few seasons ago and I was gutted when he picked up a bad injury that ruined his next season.

It took him a long time to recover from that but I can't help thinking he is a player who has not realised the promise he showed.

He has shown signs of real class but he just isn't consistent enough. For a player of his age and ability he ought be the one we are raving about but I think he was overshadowed by O'Loughlin last season by a long way. He seems a bit lazy. I don't want to drag the coaching thing up again but perhaps a different coach could bring out the best in him again?

Alas I can see that being at a different club.

Dave
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I thought we'd lose someone wild or allen was my guess and i'm thinking it'll be allen, wild cant seem to get out of the team. He always seems a bit lazy on the field, like he cant be bothered, he's a bit like moran anything good he does can be overshadowed by errors. He impressed me when he first broke onto the scene but i agree daveo the injury to wild set him back quite a bit and to me he's not showing his true potential.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
I thought we'd lose someone wild or allen was my guess and i'm thinking it'll be allen, wild cant seem to get out of the team. He always seems a bit lazy on the field, like he cant be bothered, he's a bit like moran anything good he does can be overshadowed by errors. He impressed me when he first broke onto the scene but i agree daveo the injury to wild set him back quite a bit and to me he's not showing his true potential.
It is the "can't be bothered" thing you mention that gets me about Wilde. For that reason given the choice I would go with the less experienced Allen who seems the opposite to stay but I take your point about Wilde not seemingly being able to get dropped!

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

We have to wait with baited breath to see if the injuries to Hock and Lockers effects their form. They have to hit the ground running (literally) next year. :eusa10:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:
We have to wait with baited breath to see if the injuries to Hock and Lockers effects their form. They have to hit the ground running (literally) next year. :eusa10:
I agree and it is a worry given how badly such injuries have affected other players.

We have to hope youth is on their side but there is no guarantee they can maintain the standards (and improve on them) that that have set themselves.

I hate to say it but it could be 2007 before they fully shake off the effects of these serious injuries.

If so, lets hope they don't follow Wildes example and adopt a seemingly lazy approach once fit. A year getting back to fitness OK, but after that? We need results.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Yes I can recall Haughton, Gilmour and ? (the big centre who went to the Bulls) never seemed the same again.

Only Gilmour has regained anything like form after 3 years and 3 clubs . Fingers and everything else crossed for these two to make speedy return to form.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Doug Stand posted:
GeoffN posted:
Wigan 38
T: Carney (2), Moran, Brown, Newton, Vaealiki.
G: Tickle (7)

Huddersfield 12
T: O'Hare, Thorman
G: DeVere (2)

att: 13,300
Bit optomistic I think there Geoff. Can't see there being more than 8 points between the winners. Wouldn't like to comment on the attendance.
I can't resist before bee-byes.

Wigan 16 - Huddesfield 12
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:
Yes I can recall Haughton, Gilmour and ? (the big centre who went to the Bulls) never seemed the same again.
Paul Johnson.