Wane to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kol

Wane to go

Post by Kol »

About time he resigned - no trophies in 2 years - new face and inspiration please
No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!
cpwigan

Re: Wane to go

Post by cpwigan »

WE blew it but was that down to Wane. I am not a fan but we gave them 2 tries. It would be interesting to see who made the call for 2 when ahead. I think we should have kept the pressure on and gone for 6. Still hindsight etc etc.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

LOL.

If the players had delivered when they needed to, we'd have won that.

Some of the players simply aren't good enough imo, and others were lacking a little tonight. But on the whole, they played well and showed why they and Leeds are the top two sides in the league.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Only question I have is

When is a knock on not a knock on?

When it is done by Leeds! :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The one that got me BM was the supposed forward pass by Joel Tomins.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Protected him all year. But Matty Smith needs to go. His kicking was awful. Can forgive the dropped ball that happens. But no exscuse for awful kicking and no directio off him. 1 good kick all game.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Penalty was a 50-50 call IMO. Pros and cons either way.

I've been giving Matty Smith this season to play hinaelf back into form but it doesn't seem to be happening. Our last tackle options were genrally very poor, especially in the first half. With Williams wanting to play off the cuff all the time in this match it was up to smith to organise the rest of the plays and i don't think he did a good job. If he's not going to be that player I'm concerned he doesn't contribute enough elsewhere. Perhaps its time to make a change in he halves next season?

We got beat by a better set of backs today, our forwards pretty much dominated throughout. The only win Leeds got in the middle was our failure to stop the offload enough. Its highrisk though and a failed offload got us back in the game.

Disappointed with Bowen's first half and with his defence throughout. He did make a great contribution for his try though.

Overall we could have plyed a lot better but our attacking oraganisation just seemed off.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the 2 was neither here nor there but worse it took the pressure off Leeds. A 6 pointer = a GF win.

Ultimately, I think Leeds were there for the taking but we blew it, in the main for the reasons you allude to.

Credit to Leeds though.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:The one that got me BM was the supposed forward pass by Joel Tomins.
One or two calls, when looked at in the cold light of day could be considered VERY contentious (being kind to the officials)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:The one that got me BM was the supposed forward pass by Joel Tomins.
That one I thought was forward out of the hands. The one that got me was Manfredis knock on from Joels huge offload, he dropped it through his hands backwards onto his knee which knocked it fowards. Not a knock on according to the earlier video decision.

I think if the call had gone upstairs as a try because the ref though it had been knocked out by Wigan then the call could have been overturned. I suppose we can't say that the try would be disallowed without the video though because they were going to give it on the field.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐