When does a youth policy pay off?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

When does a youth policy pay off?

Post by cpwigan »

When you start winning things, otherwise it is relatively meaningless.
josie andrews

Re: When does a youth policy pay off?

Post by josie andrews »

And the point of this thread is?

You make a headline question & answer it!

I don't get it :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:And the point of this thread is?

Me too. Or should that be me neither. That's 2 threads which make no sense!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Kittwazzer wrote:

Smith bashing done
Wane bashing done
Bowen bashing done
IL is todays Target.
jobo

Post by jobo »

thegimble wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:

Smith bashing done
Wane bashing A WORK IN PROGRESS
Bowen bashing done
IL is todays Target.
Edited for accuracy.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ah so shall we ignore 2015 and pretend nothing happened. More importantly not bother to learn from it. If you stand still .........
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:Ah so shall we ignore 2015 and pretend nothing happened. More importantly not bother to learn from it. If you stand still .........
Have you not even looked at the transition in the side from 2013.

We have practically a new side to the 2013 side and made the GF and should have won. Wire went into transition and show no sign of coming out. Saints seem to do okish but Leeds are about to go into one and even worse for 2017 season as burrow and Maguire could be over their peak.

Problem is we have not had a settled squad since Nobby's time but we went into a major transition in 2013.

Sam Tomkins
Pat Richards
Green
HH
Taylor
Goulding

That is a lot of quality and experience to replace and we mamaged 2 GF but should have won both. Would Leeds get to a GF is they lost

Zak Hardaker
Ryan Hall
Maguire
JJB
Peacock
Joel Moon

Would they struggle to even be really competitive. We had Smith the only back in the side from 2013 that is major changes. Its time you gave IL actually a bit of credit for getting us to 2 GF instead of this attitude we should win every season.

NOW would Leeds have won this season GF if they lost all that quality inside a year. We finished equal on points and we were awful at times. With Sam back as I predicted yesterday we will win the GF in 2016 as I can only see Giants challenging us. Leeds have lost 3 players and you watch the effect that has on the side. We lost more than that was competitive.

Tbh CP I do not think you have the full understanding that the cap forces sides to go into transition and makes it very hard to win trophies for more than 2-3 on a regular basis. Look at Leeds, Wire and Saints who have won GF and CC there is no period much more than 3 years where they dominate as contracts dictates you need to develop players or replace aging ones.

From next season on we seem stable for a change. One way to look at it.

Saturday night you would want to be a Leeds Fan.
Today a Wigan Warrior fan we are in a far better place today than Leeds. Brian McDermott would love our depth and quality. Only issue we have is Smith either he improves or we get Sam to 6 with Williams and get a new Full back.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

So you seriously think Leeds fans and the Leeds coach would rather be in our position :lol1:

I daresay they are jealous of our academy trophy cabinet :lol1: or maybe they realise you can go out and sign ready made players whilst developing some of their own. Lest we forget Leeds will DECLINE because of course Hardaker, Briscoe, Moon, Cuthbertson Et Al were all awful signings and ours were FAR better.

Lest people forget Academy is age restricted, success at first team level is not age restricted!

We also retain our talent too. I mean we have Budgie in 2016, don't we :craz: :craz: :craz:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

You think Leeds are as strong today as they were Saturday?

You think they lose their most experienced 2 players as well as a decent prop will make them as good as they were. We lost to that side by 2 points and we were poor.

If yes then does that not answer your question regarding changing a coach every 3 years.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Do you think Leeds are bothered about today or a Treble?

Do you think Leeds have not made some decent additions for 2015?