End of season awards and Matty Bowen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the sully bar

End of season awards and Matty Bowen

Post by the sully bar »

Just watched the end of season awards on wigan tv and thought it was very fitting that Matty Bowen was made a life time member of Wigan Rugby League Club and got the only standing ovation of the night with not just what he brought to the club on the field but allso off it helping rocky at full back , i had no idea his wife gave birth the night before the grand final and his new born daughter was at the game only 3 hours old , so well done mango and all the best for the future !
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
KaylaRobbo

Re: End of season awards and Matty Bowen

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Agree completely! For a man who doesn't express himself facially very much it was a very touching interview and I believed him at the end when he said he was going to cry if it carried on!

My opinion of Matty has improved no end since the beginning of his time with us to now! And when he said his daughter was born a Wiganer and he is a Wiganer I really felt it.

I think we were originally a stop gap but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come back to visit at times. Even his elder daughter didn't want to go home!

jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

I've said before are we missing a trick not offering him a coaching role especially with his NRL connections
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jasonnlouise wrote:I've said before are we missing a trick not offering him a coaching role especially with his NRL connections
What connections? What will these connections bring to us?

Based on what should he be offered a coaching role?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

He's played in NRL for 90% of his career so I'm assuming he has more connections than Wigan's management has,also it has been stated how respected by his teammates and management alike and he was more than willing to help the young fullbacks when he was dropped he didn't spit his dummy and sulk,it's just my opinion
John Ferguson

Post by John Ferguson »

Anyone know why Bowen is still around? If I was him, especially with our weather at the moment I would be back in Oz already!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

John Ferguson wrote:Anyone know why Bowen is still around? If I was him, especially with our weather at the moment I would be back in Oz already!
I seem to remember it was to do with his kids, they had settled here realy well and wanted to stay until Christmas, sure my wife said his daughter was doing a show to do with dancing and they was going back after school broke for Christmas.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!