McNamara's Band

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Smokie Jim

McNamara's Band

Post by Smokie Jim »

The Coach deserve big raps for winning this Test Series. I think we all questioned some of his decision making but to his credit he got the tactics right and his selections. Well done! The 3rd Test was crucial and we "dun gud "think his band of Warriors should do well in 4 Nations. He has crafted a well balanced squad Lets drop the "mcbanana tag" and show him the respect he has earned
BriH

Re: McNamara's Band

Post by BriH »

Slim Jim wrote:The Coach deserve big raps for winning this Test Series. I think we all questioned some of his decision making but to his credit he got the tactics right and his selections. Well done! The 3rd Test was crucial and we "dun gud "think his band of Warriors should do well in 4 Nations. He has crafted a well balanced squad Lets drop the "mcbanana tag" and show him the respect he has earned
He still has a monotonous Yorkie voice though :)
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

You can give him as much respect as you wish Jim but for me he has not got a clue.We have beaten a side with their best players missing.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

He is not staying his interview yesterday is either he wants a lot more money or he does not want to do both jobs and the NRL job is better pay. From the way he was talking this was his last game.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

old hooker wrote:You can give him as much respect as you wish Jim but for me he has not got a clue.We have beaten a side with their best players missing.
So had we! Was wondering how long it would take before this would come up?

What is with some supporters? Never satisfied! I'm sure a lot of you would have preferred the Kiwis to win.

Give our lads some credit if not necessarily the coach! :(

[IMG]http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q66 ... ex1wsk.png[/IMG]

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

old hooker wrote:You can give him as much respect as you wish Jim but for me he has not got a clue.We have beaten a side with their best players missing.
I was being charitable,Old Hooker,to demonstrate I can be :D Besides I'm still in a joyous mood and it almost Christmas :lol: Cheers O H
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
So had we! Was wondering how long it would take before this would come up?

What is with some supporters? Never satisfied! I'm sure a lot of you would have preferred the Kiwis to win.

Give our lads some credit if not necessarily the coach! :(

[IMG]http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q66 ... ex1wsk.png[/IMG]
It was a win and a good win, I was proud of the lads but with the players they had missing we should have won and won it comfortably in my opinion which we did not!! There missing players would improve them far more than ours would!! That is just my opinion of course!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Josie, you and others can argue all day about England missing players BUT NZ were missing their main players that any team would be happy to select.

Sam was replaced by the Man of Steel and you can argue about his worthiness but he was the leagues best full back last season.

Sam and George Burgess, for me England were not weak in the forwards so the impact was not as severe as it would have been say 10 years ago to an England team

The rest?

Who else would have been a guaranteed starter if available?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well I'm still proud of out lads & I will savour the win with & for them.

We as supporters are always moaning that England never win anything in sport and when our sport, which is always ignored by the media, finally does win something you're all still moaning!

The media still don't acknowledge our sport & never will because the bloody RFL & it's supporters never do either! So tell me, what is the bloody point?? :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I for one am entitled to moan, I paid my money, enjoyed the game but imo we beat a very weakened side therefore we should not get too excited.My opinion, if people dont like it then lump it.