Ferres Transfer Listed

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Ferres Transfer Listed

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

If we have any cap left to spend then I think we should be competing for his signature.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Re: Ferres Transfer Listed

Post by Panchitta Marra »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:If we have any cap left to spend then I think we should be competing for his signature.
Good replacement at 13 for when Lockers retires?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wane plays down Ferres link

SHAUN Wane has hosed down reports linking Wigan with a move for England forward Brett Ferres.

The 29-year-old has been transfer listed by Huddersfield following an investigation into his “conduct away from the field”.

Speculation in some quarters suggested the Warriors were rivalling Salford and both Hull clubs in the hunt for his signature.

Wane rates Ferres highly but said the possibility of him moving to the DW Stadium was “very unlikely.”

Ferres can play at a second-row or in the middle, but Wigan are well-stocked in both departments, with four of his England team-mates jostling for three back-row spots and eight senior props in Wane’s squad.

The coach said the prospect of making an additional recruit before the start of the next Super League season was “very remote.”

“If there’s someone who comes available who can make us better and we can do it, we’ll look at it,” he added.

“But at the moment I’m really happy with what we’ve got.”

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-7631598
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Leeds have signed him.

Despite losing Sinfield I think they will easily be the strongest side again this coming season.

While having a production line of young players as we do they aren't afraid to sign players when they don't have a young player good enough or ready for first team football. Unlike us.

I think their recruitment over recent seasons is so far ahead of ours it is untrue they are starting to look like the Wigan of 80's and 90's.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:Leeds have signed him.

Despite losing Sinfield I think they will easily be the strongest side again this coming season.

While having a production line of young players as we do they aren't afraid to sign players when they don't have a young player good enough or ready for first team football. Unlike us.

I think their recruitment over recent seasons is so far ahead of ours it is untrue they are starting to look like the Wigan of 80's and 90's.
I think that Leeds have made a very good signing. I concur with you Dave about Leeds recruitment policy, they seem to sign players of proven quality whilst we are almost scavenging around to find squad players. My view is that we are a couple of players from being a truly outstanding team but rather than recruiting to fill the void until our juniors emerge we find ourselves throwing them in at the deep end. Top quality young players need to play with good experienced pros in order to develop their game, learn the tricks of the trade and fulfil their potential.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Agree with Dave O and SEF regarding Leeds. Are we destined to be the plucky losers AGAIN? Depressing thought isn't it?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

May as well not bother then :roll:
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan wrote:May as well not bother then :roll:
Think I'll see if I can get a refund on my St after reading all this. What's the point. :conf: :lol: :lol:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

What happened to the criticism of Wigan signing players of 30 years of age or over.

Talk about hypocrisy!

A player who despite his form and career has not attracted any attention by other clubs other than Leeds.

No better than what we already have in age, experience and youth.